Battery backup pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Make sure you buy a "Pure Sine Wave" UPS, like some of the models from Cyberpower.
A UPS like this will cost about $199. The Cyberpower model CP1500PFCLCD is a good choice. They will also sound a warning beeper that will alert you that the stove is running on back-up power.

I added a simple circuit to my stove that cuts off the auger motor if there is a power failure, while the UPS powers the combustion blower of the stove long enough so that any remaining pellets burn up in the burnpot, and no smoke can backdraft into the house.

See post#9 for details
Ravelli RV100[c] Owner's Thread - Tips & Knowledge
Information for Ravelli RV100s is a little sparse. I'm creating this thread with the hope it will become a go-to location for basic tips and information about the RV100. Feel free to add your own knowledge and experiences by commenting on this thread. If you found this post useful, please...
www.hearth.com
www.hearth.com

I have backup power as well. Called a 27KW diesel powered genset....lol 15 seconds after a utility interruption, I'm on backup power. Bit more expensive than a UPS but it runs the entire farm...... :)

Reactions: johneh
I have a Harman battery back up powered by a deep cycle battery. It’ll run the stove for about 8 hours. Much better then a upc I used to have one of those and it was only good for about half an hour. If the power went out while I was at work it only prolonged the inevitable.