1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Battery Backup?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by P68dan, Jan 20, 2013.

1. P68dan

P68dan New Member

Loc:
    Jamestown,MI
    We had a wind storm last night and lost power. I have a generator but did not start it till morning. Works good just doesn't keep the stove running till you start it up. So I was wondering if anyone is using a battery backup, what brand it is, how well they like it and an approx cost. Thanks for any info.
    Dan

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Woody1911a1

Woody1911a1 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Marblehead , Ma
    might help to know what make/model of stove you have . does it use ac or dc motors ? the make/ model will give us a clue .

cheers Woody
  3. P68dan

P68dan New Member

Loc:
    Jamestown,MI
    I have a Harman P68
  4. New Hampshire Jim

New Hampshire Jim Member

Loc:
    Westville New Hampshire
    I have a Harman Advance that I run through a Cyberpower 1500 UPS. It will give me enough run time to go out to the shed and set up the generator when I loose power. It Is suppose to have enough battery power to run the stove (Without the igniter) for about 50 min.You have to shut the stove down first. It wont do this automatically on my model year stove 2009. newer Harmans have the ability to shut down when power Is lost and on a UPS
  5. Griny

Griny Member

Loc:
    Western WA
    Hi Dan,
    I had a post about his a while ago and you might find this interesting,
    http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/pellet-stove-battery-backup-on-a-budget.61296/

Batteries have been updated to the same caliber 8D's but much younger and a better brand, also the connector on the front isn't exposed anymore due to high risk of torching my house off lol
    The total run time passes 8 hours, so that I can be at work all day and not having to worry that my house gets cold and some of the pets get chilled too much.