BB"s new avatar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hardwood715 said:
looking good man, the new stove? Looking good!

Yep. That be it.

Hot

Niiiice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was outside burning in the paint. Must heat real good because the whole county stayed around 70 the rest of the day.

BrotherBart said:
That was outside burning in the paint. Must heat real good because the whole county stayed around 70 the rest of the day.
Hey thanks for the burn in, the warm front moved up the coast here this weekend, thanks, what a nice looking stove!

So that's why it's so warm out today. I wonder if Spike saw the glow?

Warren said:
So that's why it's so warm out today. I wonder if Spike saw the glow?

Yeah I gave everybody a couple of warm days with it. After curing the original black paint I took it back in the shop and applied the metallic brown to the body of the stove. My wife laughed and said that I would do anything to come up with a reason to roll it back outside and fire it off again. Which I did yesterday.

After curing the original black paint I took it back in the shop and applied the metallic brown to the body of the stove

Where did you get the high temp paint? Man if I even suggested that to wifey, she hates the black beast sitting in my fireplace, aint rolling that puppy outside though, I'd have to carry her down some stairs! 450 pounds of steel, but it would look purty a mettalic red , brown, blue, even metallic black!

hardwood715 said:
After curing the original black paint I took it back in the shop and applied the metallic brown to the body of the stove

Where did you get the high temp paint? Man if I even suggested that to wifey, she hates the black beast sitting in my fireplace, aint rolling that puppy outside though, I'd have to carry her down some stairs! 450 pounds of steel, but it would look purty a mettalic red , brown, blue, even metallic black!

That IS a good idea. How's the back Steve?

hardwood715 said:

Pick a color ..........pick any color.

There fresh out of "Whorehouse red" tho .

http://www.forrestpaint.com/stovebright/high_temp_aerosols1.html

Back and leg are doing a little better, Mom in Law in Ferncliff now, so i've been spending too much time up there, still have that rain check for the pine, the nice burning pine!

Roospike said:

Nope. Number 6329 Shimmering Rose. Reminds me of a place in Ban Me Thout that was called The International.

But don't use Stove Bright indoors. That stuff is acetone based and makes ya sick enough just using it in an open garage. It says right on it that the stuff can cause brain damage.

I have found my excuse.

BrotherBart said:
Roospike said:

Nope. Number 6329 Shimmering Rose. Reminds me of a place in Ban Me Thout that was called The International.

But don't use Stove Bright indoors. That stuff is acetone based and makes ya sick enough just using it in an open garage. It says right on it that the stuff can cause brain damage.

I have found my excuse.

6319 MOJAVE RED is the color it turns when burning wood. :)
6329 Shimmering Rose when not burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.