best deal on SS liner and insuation blanket??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I need a stainless liner. I found this one from northern tool
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200485051_200485051

Buuuuuut I can't find a good insulation blanket anywhere!

any good deals out there?????!

For the 4" stainless flex liner I installed for your pellet stove, I poured about 2' of 6:1 perlite cement mix into the bottom of the flue as a plug and then filled the rest of the way to the top with plain perlite. I a make a temporary stopper out of plywood to hold the perlite cement up while it cured and then removed it after a week of cure time. If you have an inexpensive source of perlite this is a very effective yet inexpensive way to go. If we ever want/need to remove the liner there's only a couple of feet of weak perlite cement to break up.

Hugh

Hugh

For the 4" stainless flex liner I installed for your pellet stove, I poured about 2' of 6:1 perlite cement mix into the bottom of the flue as a plug and then filled the rest of the way to the top with plain perlite. I a make a temporary stopper out of plywood to hold the perlite cement up while it cured and then removed it after a week of cure time. If you have an inexpensive source of perlite this is a very effective yet inexpensive way to go. If we ever want/need to remove the liner there's only a couple of feet of weak perlite cement to break up.

Hugh

Hugh
That is not an approved way to insulate a liner. And after years of expansion and contraction of that liner the perlite will get compressed and packed in the bottom leaving the top uninsulated. And pulling the liner is extremly difficult. Beleive me i have pulled ones done thisway before and it is a nightmare.

Hugh

Hugh

unfortunately, there is just waaaaaaay too much extra volume inside the chimney to realistically fill it all with a loose fill median. I'm thinking an insulation blanket is definitely the way to go :)

I found this stuff ! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ceramic-Fi...h=item3affd59966:g:2hkAAOSwJIlahxev:rk:1:pf:0

That's really funny, I actually called them and setup an account yesterday. I found a PREinsulated 6'' 304 stainless inside and outside for $475 shipped! The guy on the phone was awesome to work with as well. Highly recommend them.

That's really funny, I actually called them and setup an account yesterday. I found a PREinsulated 6'' 304 stainless inside and outside for $475 shipped! The guy on the phone was awesome to work with as well. Highly recommend them.

What's the dimensions?