1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

best pellets on the market?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by barnyard840x, Feb 10, 2011.

1. ohbix

ohbix Member

Loc:
    OH
    Wow! for Pennywise - last week Menards had Pennywise (Marth) instead of Somersets. As they were still on double sale, I purchased 8 bags. Had to turn my stove down 2 levels as these are burning very hot! Bag doesn't say whether soft or hardwood. My worst pellets heat wise were last year's soft/hard blend Lignetics.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Flammam

Flammam Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western, Ma.
    I've gone through 2 pallets of Okies this year they burn real hot in my stove, the only down fall is the price about 265 ton here. I tried 5 bags of Maines Choice I think they were even hotter than the okies though a little more ashey. They are 209 ton here. Have a ton of Cubex(old standby) and 5 bags of Burn pellets I'm going to run through the firebox. I want to get at least 3 tons stocked up this spring for next year, looks like prices will go only up from here.
  3. Oilhater

Oilhater Member

Loc:
    Southern NH
    X2 on the Spruce Pointe. Also Eagle Valley and Okanagan really close...in my stove anyway.
  4. nailed_nailer

nailed_nailer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Cape Cod, Ma
    I've been burning Okies and Vermonts all season.

About a $15 / ton price difference for me.

So today I'm picking up another ton of Vermonts to get me through the rest of the heating season.
    I like them and they are a bit cheaper.

Should have some carry over into next fall.

---Nailer---
  5. DMZX

DMZX Member

Loc:
    NE. Oregon
    In my market, Bear Mt and Blazers are consistently the best pellet.
  6. UncleAnthony

UncleAnthony Member

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    Found Barefoot,Somerset,Nature's Own,Greene Team to be very good.

Many a post here on Cubex being most excellent !
  7. downtocamp

downtocamp New Member

Loc:
    Central Maine
    I loved the Cubex too, but so many of them were long and got caught in my Harman (yes Harman) stove - causing loud thunks every so often. I even tried to break the long ones up before pouring them in the hopper, but several made it in and were wicked noisy. Now I'm running MaineWoods pellets. They're shorter, burn nice and smooth and hot but a bit faster than the Cubex. They do smell strange. I'm trying to get used to the smell, though, because they were quite a bit cheaper than the Cubex! I like supporting a Maine business, and they have great customer service, too.