Best Pre-made Hearth pads?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mama23

Jan 7, 2015
Leavenworth, WA
Hi

I need to install a wood stove in a yurt asap & don't have time to make a hearth pad. What are your recommendations on best pre-made hearth pad that I could likely pick up this weekend?

Thanks!

ps. & where might I go about purchasing one?

It's not that simple. You need to adhere to the specs in the install manual as far as the R-Value (if any) required for your particular stove. That being said, many hearthshops keep a small inventory of various sizes & colors of hearthpads on hand.

Reactions: mama23
Yoder Hearth Classics offer a good range of size, insulation values in a quality hearth pad. There are custom options if desired. Usually there's an order lag time unless you are lucky to find what you want in stock. Hearth pads are large and heavy so shipping is ground based. Try the larger stove shops in your area, though I suggest calling around first. We got ours through Aqua Rec in Tacoma, but that would be a long drive from Leavenworth.

Last edited:
Reactions: mama23
Status
Not open for further replies.