Best source for Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harman Lover 007

Minister of Fire
I need to get my venting "legal" once and for all and have been trying to source piping online. Where is the best online source for pellet pipe? I need to get from 8" stove pipe which acts as a thimble in my chimney to 3" pellet. The 8X3 adapter is the item I'm not sure if I'm looking at the correct item. The 8" side needs to mate with the SS triple wall Class A stove pipe that comes through the wall (brick masonry hearth). Suggestions? Thanks.

I purchased my liner from "chimney liner pro." Got the 3 by 20 SS liner kit. Delivery took less than 3 days. They are a US company with US made liners, free shipping and a lifetime warranty on their products. I'm not a spokesperson for this business, just where I got mine and had a pleasant experience.

On a Harman you do NOT want to go more than 15' with 3" You'll put too much stress on the combustion blower.
I'd recommend increasing from 3" to 4" just before you get to the 8". Then use a 4" to 8" adapter & continue up with the 4" liner...
Just my $.02...

I'm not looking to line my chimney. My EVL isn't and won't be an issue. I'm looking for the correct adapter so I can get rid of the current 1/2 stove pipe 1/2 pellet pipe arrangement I have inside now. I guess my OP isn't clear?

Give Eric at Kinsman stoves a call. He fixed me up when I had to get adapters for my 1st stove. Great guy, a member of this forum, and gives discounts to Hearth members. Oh, and a Harman dealer & certified tech.

Call him at the Brookside number:

www.kinsmanstoves.com

Status
Not open for further replies.