best tools for sweeping 6" flex liner?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dreezon

Hearth Supporter
Aug 7, 2009
Peoria, IL
My roof is very high, and I especially don't like the thought of getting up there if there's any snow or—heaven forbid—freezing rain, so I would dearly love to be able to sweep from the bottom with flexible poles. Trouble is, I only have about 22 inches between the floor and the bottom of my tee. I know the usual poles aren't flexible enough to pull that off.

I saw some lighter, more flexible poles at menards, that apparently are designed for corn burner pipe and I wondered if there were anything like that for six-inch round brushes. Is my dream of sweeping from my living room just that—a dream?

Also what's the best brush for this type of liner?

check out Guardus inc soot eater . i think it does fine for a quick winter sweep and is flexable enough for that 22 inch space

raven said:
check out Guardus inc soot eater . i think it does fine for a quick winter sweep and is flexable enough for that 22 inch space
I agree. The soot eater rods are far more flexible than any others I have seen. It truly is a great device for those of use with tough to reach chimneys, 45 degree bends, rear exiting stoves and the need to clean from the bottom up.

Status
Not open for further replies.