Best wood Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

woodheat11

Jan 27, 2017
Badger Mn
Hello I am looking for opinions on what is the best wood fireplace. I have narrowed it down to 2 that I think I want. The Wilkening Granview and Quadra Fire 7100. Anyone have experience with these,which one is better? Or any other larger fireplaces that may be better. Thanks

Hi Wood Heat - welcome to the Forum!

I can tell you the QF 7100 is a much more common ZC FP versus the other choice. With that, there'll be many more user reviews, advice, and feedback (I'm sure there are other threads with "7100" in subject field). Also, I know the 7100 has been in production for many years and is a proven winner.

Lastly - the QF7100, Heat & Glo Northstar, and Heatilator Constitution - are all the identical zc FP's, made by the same manufacturer with different names. The only difference is the size (the 7100 is larger than the other two) and the faceplate. So info, reviews and advice for the Northstar and Constitution will also be applicable to the QF7100.

I hope this helps. Let us know what you choose.

Matt