1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Big bar for Stihl 064

Post in 'The Gear' started by Joful, Feb 1, 2013.

1. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    Lots of chain sharpening! If you need a 36inch bar you need part-time help. ;)
    Thistle and LEES WOOD-CO like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Yeah... I could always start dropping them off at the saw shop for sharpening, like I used to do years ago, if I get backed up. A skip tooth 36" shouldn't be too bad, though!

Took a medium ash and a larger black oak this weekend. Both diameters were less than 30", the oak being the larger of the two. There's one more blow-down across the path to the two big 50" oaks, and this one is a mess. I counted 9 trees sitting atop one another, the three (oak, ash, poplar) on top all being 24" or larger DBH. The large poplar is splintered and broken about 6 feet above the ground, which I'm guessing has a good bit of tension on it. These three are sitting atop six (that I can see) 12" - 18" trees that they knocked down on their way.
  3. Sean McGillicuddy

Sean McGillicuddy Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Easton mass.
    We want pics!!!!!!!>>
  4. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    I meant to take some on Saturday, but as usual, too busy working to stop and take a photo! Gotta take a real camera with me next time... an iPhone camera won't do this justice.
    smokinj likes this.