Big Heat Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The TSC by me has them. Ken someone on here used em, check the Pellet Pricing or Pellet Reviews. Very minimal feedback here, he said they were good in his Englander. I'm going to pull the trigger on a ton this week i think, $265 a ton in Southeast CT. They are a softwood blend here, i believe their website says they have a blended hard/soft wood too though. My stove really likes softwood pellets, and there are minimal softwoods available around me. I paid $330/ton picked up for my Okies, so if these are good, i'll grab some more. Only problem I have is that i can't buy them by the bag first, only by the ton.

The TSC by me has them. Ken someone on here used em, check the Pellet Pricing or Pellet Reviews. Very minimal feedback here, he said they were good in his Englander. I'm going to pull the trigger on a ton this week i think, $265 a ton in Southeast CT. They are a softwood blend here, i believe their website says they have a blended hard/soft wood too though. My stove really likes softwood pellets, and there are minimal softwoods available around me. I paid $330/ton picked up for my Okies, so if these are good, i'll grab some more. Only problem I have is that i can't buy them by the bag first, only by the ton.
Could have scored a few bags to try but the market people had 'em out in the rain so I passed. :( Didn't say the composition on the bag that I saw. Maybe another time.

Grabbed 5 bags an hour ago, staff at the store (TSC) told me they are soft wood, they also had Nations choice and I only found out about these when I asked if they had any other pellets. Staff there told me several customers have returned to buy more and told them they were hot with low ash ... we will see... btw I posted pics in the UPC sticky thread above

Status
Not open for further replies.