Big ole tank

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarAndWood

Minister of Fire
Feb 3, 2008
Syracuse NY

Attachments

• 2400galtank.jpg
    2400galtank.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 388
I would have designed my house around a big vertical tank if I had known more about wood boilers sooner. I did find a way to put this one in the basement that has me considering it.

SolarAndWood said:
I would have designed my house around a big vertical tank if I had known more about wood boilers sooner. I did find a way to put this one in the basement that has me considering it.

Perhaps take a page from "garnification" or others on here who've built their own in-tank boilers?

I wish I had their skills. I'm also a little concerned about putting something in my basement that doesn't fit through a 36" door. It doesn't matter right now as the shell is just plywood, but cutting a hole 10 or 20 years from now is probably undesirable. It is hard to argue with the Garn though. I may just pour a slab adjacent to the above grade side of the walkout and build a garn barn. Keeps the loading door/process in the house while still getting all the advantages of the Garn.

Status
Not open for further replies.