Bigger Fireview, some day??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fire_man

Minister of Fire
Feb 6, 2009
North Eastern MA
I bought my Fireview last year and the only thing I wished for was a bigger firebox. Then the roomers came out that Woodstock was "soon" coming out with a bigger one! I am dying to know what the burn times are going to be. But what will be really interesting is how the Woodstock folks will handle the 6 month return policy, because anyone who recently bought the old Fireview who wants the bigger one will return it. I wonder if this will factor into the time of year the new wood stove starts selling, and if special provisions will apply for "upgrading".

On a side note, we started burning this year with dryer wood an WOW what a difference - longer burns and higher temps. The best thing I did was divorce myself from the delivery guys who claim to deliver "seasoned" wood. Now I pay lower prices for grapple loads and get 2-3 years ahead. And tomorrow I get a new toy - a 27 Ton Troy-Built splitter! I finally got tired of the busted wedges and sledge hammers. :cheese:

fire_man said:
I bought my Fireview last year and the only thing I wished for was a bigger firebox. Then the roomers came out that Woodstock was "soon" coming out with a bigger one! I am dying to know what the burn times are going to be. But what will be really interesting is how the Woodstock folks will handle the 6 month return policy, because anyone who recently bought the old Fireview who wants the bigger one will return it. I wonder if this will factor into the time of year the new wood stove starts selling, and if special provisions will apply for "upgrading".

On a side note, we started burning this year with dryer wood an WOW what a difference - longer burns and higher temps. The best thing I did was divorce myself from the delivery guys who claim to deliver "seasoned" wood. Now I pay lower prices for grapple loads and get 2-3 years ahead. And tomorrow I get a new toy - a 27 Ton Troy-Built splitter! I finally got tired of the busted wedges and sledge hammers. :cheese:

Sure gonna split the hell outta them pellets with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hossthehermit said:
......And tomorrow I get a new toy - a 27 Ton Troy-Built splitter! I finally got tired of the busted wedges and sledge hammers. :cheese:

WOW!!! :bug: Those little pieces of compressed sawdust were breaking his wedges and sledge hammers???? YIKES!!! :ahhh:

Those must be the world's hardest, most compressed wood pellets to need a 27 ton splitter, eh Hoss??? Were they made from IronWood sawdust, or Titanium dust???

Mods, please this to the Hearth room, now that we've had a little fun with Fire_Man :lol:

Tuff crowd around here. The wedges and sledge hammers got busted while I was splitting wind twisted beach trees. The tree trunks were twisted like in a cork screw and the grain was impossible to slice through with the hand wedges. I can't wait to see what the 27 ton splitter does with the ones I gave up on. I don't do pellets - they're for rodents. :snake:

fire_man said:
Tuff crowd around here.............. I don't do pellets - they're for rodents. :snake:

No, actually a nice crowd here....we just like to have a little fun when a wood burner mistakenly posts here, as you did.

As for pellets for rodents, i seem to remember a rodent(s) near my house, chewing on solid wood, not pellets....it was called a squirrel.

But he's gone now, I sent him on his way "home' with a bang. ;-)

macman,

Thanks, I was playing in the wrong sandbox. I'll take my logsplitter back to the other site. Happy squirrel hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.