Bio Bricks in a 602

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattg1970

Apr 14, 2007
I have an older Jotul 602 in great shape and I was wondering if anyone has burned Bio Bricks in a 602 and if so how hot do they burn? My stove likes to run 500-600 with dry oak and want to know if the Bio Bricks will burn too hot in my stove because of the low moisture content.

Thanks

mattg1970 said:
I have an older Jotul 602 in great shape and I was wondering if anyone has burned Bio Bricks in a 602 and if so how hot do they burn? My stove likes to run 500-600 with dry oak and want to know if the Bio Bricks will burn too hot in my stove because of the low moisture content.

Thanks

Matt., Buy a pack and try half a pack or 10 bricks to start. You can't go wrong. Relax - it's just wood...

No data on your stove, but the BB people say they are safe in any woodstove in good condition, just use caution to stack them properly, and not use to many at a time until you have gotten used to the way they burn.

OTOH, I know there are a couple of stove makers, not sure if Jotul is one or not, that say burning non-cordwood will void warranty, etc. If you are still under warranty I wouldn't burn them in a case like that, if not, I'd be tempted to experiment w/ caution.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.