BioBricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up a pallet of these for a new woodstove in my Cabin up North. I tried a couple in my chimmnea last week and they do burn very hot and clean. Little or no smoke. I was a little disappoineted in the burn time though. Seemed like they were out in about an hour or so. Dont know how they will react in the woodstove. I'll let you guys know in the fall...

BioPellet said:
I consistently get very long burn times. The reason for this is the size, shape, moisture content, makeup and density of my BioBricks. Many people initially say "hey, can't you make these look a bit more like a log?" well indeed that is exactly NOT what is needed. How many of you have been frustrated by empty space inside your stove because of a log that only fits 2/3 the width of the hearth. Because my Bricks are flat sided and the size of house bricks you can pack them tight together to minimize airflow through the stack and fill every nook and cranny of the stove. Doing so at my home allows me to achieve burn times as long as 20 hours..
Sounds like those longer burntimes give you an excelent added product feature to work with there.

How can I get some in SW PA... ?

BIO BRICKS ARE THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED WOOD!!! Be very careful not to overfire or over pack your woodstove. The best method is to start a fire with like 3 bricks, run it on high for ABOUT 30MIN and add about 8 or 10 more BRICKS to a HOT base. let them burn on high for about 10-15 min. then turn your stove on med for another 10min, then turn it on low and sit back and enjoy a fire tHAT WILL BURN HOT AND SLOW FOR ABOUT 8-10 HOURS!!! :coolsmile:

BeGreen said:
MountainStoveGuy said:
I think shane and i are the only few westerners who post here consistantly.
I be farther west yet. Seattle — Latitude: 47°37'N. So is Tom Oyen - the chimneysweeponline dude.

YEAH MSG! Don't forget folks. Haven't been around as much as I'd like, but the new job has me busy! There are a few others in the west who post quite often too... Elderthewelder and CountryGal come to mind.

-Kevin

moralleper and thomas from NWFuels are out here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.