1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustWood

JustWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    Looking into expanding into producing biomass on a large scale (100-200 TPD). Anyone here involved with electrical generation or sales and instalation of large scale boilers using biomass?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    TMonter builds biomass-burning power plants for a living, I believe.

There's also an outfit in Vermont called ChipTec that designs and installs biomass boilers for schools and other small-business-type applications.

Are you thinking about chipping or grinding, Lee?

As I recall, you're in New England. That's good--the prices for fuel chips are much better in the Northeast than in the Midwest.
  3. JustWood

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    Planning on grinding. Grinding will give me several markets to cater to. Have researched grinders and markets for 6-7 years now. I think with the increased demand and price as of lately it could be profitable.
  4. verne

verne Member

Loc:
    highland ny
    What are you looking to grind? I just spoke with a friend of mine who has a pallet recycling bussiness. He was looking into the possibility of grinding his waste
  5. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    I don't know if you've ever been to our show, Lee, but this year we're having a grinder demo, with the big CBI and Bandit models (and hopefully others) going at it toe-to-toe.

http://www.nefpexpo.net
  6. Nofossil

Nofossil Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Addison County, Vermont
    I have a client who does high-volume wood chips (whole tree) for a variety of companies including schools, a paper mill, and an electric utility. Many trailer loads per day. This is in western Vermont. Seems like an interesting business. I wasn't aware of the range of requirements and special needs within the wood chip market.
  7. JustWood

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    Eric

Yes, I've been and to many others (Booneville,NY,Richmond VA,Nelsonville OH and Cherry Grove,PA). Been around sawmills and logging operations my whole life. Have even operated a few tub grinders.The CBI is at the top of my list but Morbark and Peterson Pacific are a close second as there is a dealer 30 miles from here.My cousin operates a pallet shop close by and I own a sawmill as well as haul mill byproducts from 16 other mills ,also have 2 good friends with tree services so I have the raw material to grind.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.