Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustWood

JustWood
    Expand Collapse
    Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    Looking into expanding into producing biomass on a large scale (100-200 TPD). Anyone here involved with electrical generation or sales and instalation of large scale boilers using biomass?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson
    Expand Collapse
    Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    TMonter builds biomass-burning power plants for a living, I believe.

There's also an outfit in Vermont called ChipTec that designs and installs biomass boilers for schools and other small-business-type applications.

Are you thinking about chipping or grinding, Lee?

As I recall, you're in New England. That's good--the prices for fuel chips are much better in the Northeast than in the Midwest.

3. JustWood

JustWood
    Expand Collapse
    Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    Planning on grinding. Grinding will give me several markets to cater to. Have researched grinders and markets for 6-7 years now. I think with the increased demand and price as of lately it could be profitable.

4. verne

verne
    Expand Collapse

Loc:
    highland ny
    What are you looking to grind? I just spoke with a friend of mine who has a pallet recycling bussiness. He was looking into the possibility of grinding his waste

5. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson
    Expand Collapse
    Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    I don't know if you've ever been to our show, Lee, but this year we're having a grinder demo, with the big CBI and Bandit models (and hopefully others) going at it toe-to-toe.

http://www.nefpexpo.net

6. Nofossil

Nofossil
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Addison County, Vermont
    I have a client who does high-volume wood chips (whole tree) for a variety of companies including schools, a paper mill, and an electric utility. Many trailer loads per day. This is in western Vermont. Seems like an interesting business. I wasn't aware of the range of requirements and special needs within the wood chip market.

7. JustWood

JustWood
    Expand Collapse
    Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    Eric

Yes, I've been and to many others (Booneville,NY,Richmond VA,Nelsonville OH and Cherry Grove,PA). Been around sawmills and logging operations my whole life. Have even operated a few tub grinders.The CBI is at the top of my list but Morbark and Peterson Pacific are a close second as there is a dealer 30 miles from here.My cousin operates a pallet shop close by and I own a sawmill as well as haul mill byproducts from 16 other mills ,also have 2 good friends with tree services so I have the raw material to grind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.