"Bitterly cold winter coming"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! If they are as accurate as they historically are I can work on my tan in January. ;lol And save a lot of wood.

There will be no snow this year, at least in South Jersey. The method I use to come to this conclusion is very scientific and 98% accurate..........

I bought a Johnny Bucket snow plow for my x500, This is the first time in my 52 years that I have more then a shovel.

Anyone care to make a wager?

I agree joey. Ill be picking up a plow soon, so we will get record snows, and ill be saving the shovel for the roof. This has been a cool summer and one of the wettest I've seen. Surely it will be a rough one. N. Virginia will be hot and sunny, and suntan lotion will be out of stock.

Reactions: BrotherBart
2014-USFA-Winter.jpg

Reactions: gmule and ScotO
great, I get dry and chilly:mad:

Reactions: ScotO
Hurricane season concerns me more than winter. I can't throw more wood in the stove and it replace the roof.

Down here we seem to be getting dinged to some degree every year now. Used to be every ten years or so. And my two month old roof is sitting up there like and expensive hurricane magnet.

Down here we seem to be getting dinged to some degree every year now. Used to be every ten years or so. And my two month old roof is sitting up there like and expensive hurricane magnet.
What for roof did you put on Bart? Shingle or metal? Architectural shingles seem to, despite being more dimensional, have a better wind rating than the old three tab shingles.

I have a feeling my next roof will be a tin roof.....for many reasons.....

Reactions: NortheastAl

My brother-in-law is retiring next year. Thought about relocating from New Jersey to Myrtle Beach area. Weather conditions changing have him re-thinking the whole thing and going to State College in Penna.

What for roof did you put on Bart? Shingle or metal? Architectural shingles seem to, despite being more dimensional, have a better wind rating than the old three tab shingles.

I have a feeling my next roof will be a tin roof.....for many reasons.....

Archs. With six nails per shingle. Florida specs.

You should be good to go.....hopefully!
Had both the garage and the house done in those shingles. I think they will be up there long after I am gone!

Nice new title, Bart.

I should probably add that I have no idea how accurate the Farmer's Almanac is. I hope they're right though!

Status
Not open for further replies.