BK Ashford 30 questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the two sections are designed to slide together. So essentially there will 4 walls where it over laps. We never do an instal without a slip section. Single wall or double.
If you know of a link for diagram, would love to see it. I'm having trouble picturing how it would work.

They used a slip section for the single wall so I assume they are going todo the same for the double walled, I will ask them to.

The double wall (simpson) on my BK required a stove adapter piece. It's a 4" tall section with a different taper at the stove collar. 40$ or so retail.

Just an update. I was in England visiting my family for the past two weeks which is why I didn't update before. The day I was leaving the installer came out to replace my pipe. I just checked and it seems to be ICC ULTRABlack made in canada. Has a sticker on it saying maximum clearance to combustibles is 6 inches. Seems to be doing the job. I've been burning for the last few days now and I'm loving the stove.

After installing I asked what I owed for the new pipe. I figured I should pay the difference between the original pipe and new double walled. He said nothing and they are very sorry this happened and he should have checked the pipe clearance but just somehow forgot. Accidents do happen. I felt bad not paying the difference but he insisted and it was their mistake. So they made it good in the end and everything seems good now.

It was below 32 last night. I can't tell you how nice it was to wake up to a half full firebox and 66 degrees.

Thanks again for all your help.

I'm a newbie like you, so this is not in response to the thanks you've directed to those who made helpful suggestions. I'm just weighing in to say congrats on getting everything squared away on the stove and the install.

Reactions: Shane Collins
Status
Not open for further replies.