BK Ashford Thermostat spinning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Collins

Burning Hunk
Feb 1, 2014
Westford, VT
So I just had my BK Ashford installed on friday and when adjusting the thermostat I thought it felt a little weird. I could twist it past where 0 would be or where 4 would be. Didn't seem right to me. So I just thought to check and sure enough the knob seems to be loose. I can see a hex screw on the underside of the knob which must be a little loose. How would I fix this so it's pointing to the correct numbers?

Has anyone else had this on their BK?

Should I turn it all the way one way and line up the line on the knob with the setting that it should be pointing at then tighten it? or is there some other/better way to fix this?

Thanks.

Should probably have said by lose I mean I can see while turning the knob, the knob itself spins but the metal rob the knob is on is not moving. I can get it to move but I'm not 100% sure where the thermostat is set now.

I'd call your dealer.

You should be able to hear the flapper slapping closed of you turn the knob quickly back and forth. On my stove, that happens around '1' when it is cold.

If it is like the other thermostats, there is a stop in there, but it really only prevents it from spinning freely. It can't make more than one full turn (almost).

Turn the rod clockwise until the rod will turn no more and comes to a natural stop. This may require a small pair of pliers depending upon hand or grip strength.

Now turn the knob clockwise until the white line is pointing straight down to the 6 o'clock position. Tighten the hex screw using your allen wrench.

Our apologies for this having come loose. It doesn't happen very often at all but it does a few times each year.

Reactions: R'Lee and Highbeam
Turn the rod clockwise until the rod will turn no more and comes to a natural stop. This may require a small pair of pliers depending upon hand or grip strength.

Now turn the knob clockwise until the white line is pointing straight down to the 6 o'clock position. Tighten the hex screw using your allen wrench.

Our apologies for this having come loose. It doesn't happen very often at all but it does a few times each year.

Thanks for the reply, ill do this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.