BK Chinook 30 - Is this a good price?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that sounds decent for your area. This is new right?

Yes, brand new. Normally I think it retails for $3300 or $3500.

The store has had them on the floor for over a year. 80% of people who burn wood here don't know what BKs are and wouldn't have the properly seasoned wood to burn them. And not everyone has the money for them either. And that is what I told the owner of the store, he smiled and made the new price. lol

The Chinook 20 regular price is $2750. He is offering the 30 to me for less than the 20. What is the price difference normally? The regular price sticker wasn't on the 30.

My buddy who wants it seems pleased with the price. I found a Demo from a hearth shop in a neighboring province for $2875. So I am pleased with the price offered here.

That's a pretty good price.

When I bought my king, the dealer hadn't even heard of the Chinook. He called me back with a price north of $4k.

Status
Not open for further replies.