BK Princess fan question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillsWS

Feeling the Heat
Dec 20, 2011
U.P. Michigan
Good morning. I had my second "break in" fire in the Blaze King Princess last night. I couldn't stay awake so I turned in thinking the fan would go off when the stove cooled down. This morning the fan was still running with the stove cold. I have a light switch controlling the outlet so I turned it off and back on and the fan came right back on. Does that sound like there is a problem?

Mine stays running for a long time. Check it later today. It started up on its own?

Mine stays running for a long time. Check it later today. It started up on its own?

You're right Jeff. I am home for lunch and it is off now. I turned on the switch when I started the fire last night and once up to temp the fans started. I was surprised they were still blowing this morning even though the stove was cold. Hmmmm.

Guys, the snap disk is an F100, that meand the fans come on when the snap disc hits 100 degrees. The snap disc in located in the right rear (as you face the front of the stove) fan assembly. So after your fire, it can take a long period of time for the snap disc to drop below 100 degrees, in order for the fans to shut off.

The brick and steel hold the temperature much longer than you might imagine. Incidentally, you can simply turn of the rheostat and that will turn the fans off for you.

Also, where do you live that you can even think of lighting a fire? It's been over 90+ degrees every day for nearly a month now in Walla Walla!!!

Thank you.

Chris

Guys, the snap disk is an F100, that meand the fans come on when the snap disc hits 100 degrees. The snap disc in located in the right rear (as you face the front of the stove) fan assembly. So after your fire, it can take a long period of time for the snap disc to drop below 100 degrees, in order for the fans to shut off.

The brick and steel hold the temperature much longer than you might imagine. Incidentally, you can simply turn of the rheostat and that will turn the fans off for you.

Also, where do you live that you can even think of lighting a fire? It's been over 90+ degrees every day for nearly a month now in Walla Walla!!!

Thank you.

Chris

Chris, thanks for taking the time to reply. I just wanted to make srue thangs were working as designed. No worries. I've only had 4 fires but I love the stove so far. It amazes me how responsive the draft is. Slight turn up and more flames and visa versa. I am in Marquette Michigan, and yep, we've already been in the higyh 40's a couple of nights (cooler than normal). I am just hoping that we don't have an early and heavy snow winter.

Chris, thanks for taking the time to reply. I just wanted to make srue thangs were working as designed. No worries. I've only had 4 fires but I love the stove so far. It amazes me how responsive the draft is. Slight turn up and more flames and visa versa. I am in Marquette Michigan, and yep, we've already been in the higyh 40's a couple of nights (cooler than normal). I am just hoping that we don't have an early and heavy snow winter.

Yep, it still amazes me to this day. When you turn the knob it responds almost instantly. If you ever "forget" about it and have it cooking along a simple turn of the knob brings it right back under control. :)

The other day my wife and I were talking about heating with wood and she said "I liked the old stove(Lopi Endeavor) but I REALLY LOVE the Blaze King".

I was in the Yooper last week just South of You Bill, and it certainly gets cool at night!

Sugar Maple Fire every night!

You will Enjoy that Stove this coming Fall/Winter:cool:

23ljcpw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.