BK Princess: flue size problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steve19

What size of double wall stove pipe is recommended for the BK princess? I know that may be an odd question because I know the flue size is 6".... so that would mean a 6" diameter (38-56") telescopic double wall pipe should fit properly, no?

I'm trying to complete my install and purchased a supervent 6" double wall stove pipe (allows 6 1/2" at the base to slide over wood stove flue) but the unit will not slide over the opening of the BK princess. After measuring the flue on the stove, vertically it is 6 7/8" long and horizontally it measures 6 1/2"). It seems that the thickness of the flue on the stove is several millimeters to thick for my pipe. I tried slightly bending out the stove pipe to see if I wiggle it on, but I can't get it fit, and I don't want to destroy the stove pipe in the process.

I'm baffled by this one.
Any help would be great.
Thanks

Your stove is the fe-male end and your double wall inner piece is the male (crimped) end and should fit inside the raised stove flue collar.

Your northern neighbour to the west. :)

steve19 said:
What size of double wall stove pipe is recommended for the BK princess? I know that may be an odd question because I know the flue size is 6".... so that would mean a 6" diameter (38-56") telescopic double wall pipe should fit properly, no?

I'm trying to complete my install and purchased a supervent 6" double wall stove pipe (allows 6 1/2" at the base to slide over wood stove flue) but the unit will not slide over the opening of the BK princess. After measuring the flue on the stove, vertically it is 6 7/8" long and horizontally it measures 6 1/2"). It seems that the thickness of the flue on the stove is several millimeters to thick for my pipe. I tried slightly bending out the stove pipe to see if I wiggle it on, but I can't get it fit, and I don't want to destroy the stove pipe in the process.

I'm baffled by this one.
Any help would be great.
Thanks

I have Simpson DVL and used this DVL appliance adapter. I had to grind down the weld on the flue collar some in order for it to fit but it worked fine.

http://www.northlineexpress.com/item/5SP-8680/6-DVL-Adapter-Section-No-Damper-8680

I don't know about the Princess 6", I have the king. But my 8" double wall had a short separate piece, that connected to the stove, then the 8" double wall fit into it.
Maybe it's the same for you.

bogydave said:
I don't know about the Princess 6", I have the king. But my 8" double wall had a short separate piece, that connected to the stove, then the 8" double wall fit into it.
Maybe it's the same for you.

Like N60 says, crimped/tapered end should go inside the stove collar.
Maybe this piece.
2nd from the bottom this site:
http://www.woodstove-outlet.com/woodstove/blk6spdwpipe.htm

DVL appliance adapter is needed. You dont want the end to fit Over the stove collar. You want it to go Inside the stove collar. The appliance adapter comes in two variations. With or without a damper installed. It has a crimped end to fit in the collar.

steve19 said:
Thanks for the help everyone. I will need the stove adapter as others have mentioned. I never knew this piece existed.

+1
I learned that one also.

Status
Not open for further replies.