1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Black Friday Shopping

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by rreihart, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rreihart

rreihart New Member

Loc:
    Central PA
    I've been trying many sources to get a pressurized tank or two, but have been frustrated by the fact that I can't find anything. On Friday I stumbled on to a 120 gallon indirect water heater at a local salvage company. Its almost too good for what I want, but I got it basically for scrap, actually maybe less. I would've liked something bigger, but I couldn't pass this up.

Attached Files:

• Tank.jpg
      Tank.jpg
      File size:
      64.8 KB
      Views:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    Sounds like a sweet deal to me, r. If you don't want it, I'll take it. Then I'll turn around and sell it to nofossil.

It's probably got a really good ss or copper heat exchanger. You could use it to heat more than the contents of that tank. Flow the hot water into other storage media.
  3. Nofossil

Nofossil Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Addison County, Vermont
    Color me jealous.

Sounds great - can never have too much heat storage. I wish I had designed in a smaller tank like that for superheated water.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.