Black locust jackpot!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger

Burning Hunk
Dec 8, 2013
Rhode Island
image.jpg image.jpg A friend of mine had 2 trees fall on his house.(he's ok). Crane service lifted them off and put them on the curb. All I had to do was busk it up. He even loaded it for me!!!!!! Like the shoes he chose to load in......

Nice score...
The shoes...meh??:p

That's my kind of deal -- congrats! Boy, do I love Black Locust.

Great score! Your buddy looks pissed off, and X2 on the shoes. Maybe safety toe?

Sorry for his luck, black locust makes a terrible yard tree. Brittle, heavy limbs break off frequently in storms. I have(had) a yard full of these and experienced this for the past 20+ years. Makes great firewood however and generally very easy to split. Yours looks fairly solid too, not much locust borer rot. Great score.

Reactions: STIHLY DAN
Status
Not open for further replies.