Blaze King BTU's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The King and its favorite....... 3 year seasoned Cherry wood diet! :lol:

23hkf13.jpg

Camera Phone :cheese:

Here is IMHO another nice looking install with a BK King Parlor

9fsn61.jpg

That is a really attractive stove, and a neat stack of cherry, a match made in wood heaven!!!!!!

And I suspect that Blaze King quote a BTU figure that can be obtained under normal household conditions, rather than theoretical laboratory conditions that are probably given out by some manufacturers.

I ordered a King classic yesterday,the stove shop will call the order in Monday about 10:am,should I have gotten the Ultra? I heard it heats differently,or the parlor instead a little nicer looking and it has an ash pan,time is of the essence. If I change to the Parlor does the ash pan suck air from the plug in the firebox,or from the pan itself,a problem I once had with a Quadrafire.Does one outdo the other ,and or is one better than the other. Thanks

ohlongarm said:
I ordered a King classic yesterday,the stove shop will call the order in Monday about 10:am,should I have gotten the Ultra? I heard it heats differently,or the parlor instead a little nicer looking and it has an ash pan,time is of the essence. If I change to the Parlor does the ash pan suck air from the plug in the firebox,or from the pan itself,a problem I once had with a Quadrafire.Does one outdo the other ,and or is one better than the other. Thanks

I bought the Ultra (but in a Princess) because I thought the "pedestal" matched a LOT better with the contemporary look of the stove. I don't know it'd heat differently, except maybe if it's standard with side panels.

I have had no problems with air leaking from the ash plug - it seems to fit pretty tight. A lot of people say they just shovel the ashes out the door and don't mess with the ash pan. But I like it VERY much - for one thing, it prevents an ash-dust cloud from being generated by the procedure.

loon said:
dpgoalie said:
My summer will be spent redoing windows and caulking everything. I whipped my caulk out the other day, and my girlfriend was impressed that I could caulk for so long. She said I was doing a good job.

aint gonna say a word :lol:

but googled blaze king and thinking of upgrading to the king 1107 for next year ;-)

loon

REPLY:
Good choice, you wont regret it!

So can the Ultra be ordered without side panels/ what purpose do they serve?What does the convection deck do? and is it a good feature. Thanks

ohlongarm said:
So can the Ultra be ordered without side panels/ what purpose do they serve?What does the convection deck do? and is it a good feature. Thanks
The side panels allow the stove to be closer to combustibles.
The convection deck allows air to flow over the top of the stove without fans being needed as much. That said I hardly use my fans on the classic without a deck.
The deck makes it harder to cook on the top or even just to have a pot of water...but it looks kinda cool..lol.
Any combination you choose will work fine ..it's mostly a style thing if you ask me.
BTW..I usually only clean ash out once every 3 weeks...and i burn 24/7.

Finally made a decision and it was the blaze king ultra,stove should arrive this week from the distributor,let's hope it can outdo ,A morso,2 quadrafires and a buck,we'll see. thanks.

ohlongarm said:
Finally made a decision and it was the blaze king ultra,stove should arrive this week from the distributor,let's hope it can outdo ,A morso,2 quadrafires and a buck,we'll see. thanks.

Congrats!

You will find that the ash pan is an essential part of your stove. ;-)
I have found that I get very little ash in the house with this set up.

You can always take the side heat shields off the Ultra. I took one off and left one on just to see if it was really different.

I have not noticed a huge difference either way.

You will be more than impressed with your new stove.

Cheers,Hiram

Hiram Maxim said:
You can always take the side heat shields off the Ultra. I took one off and left one on just to see if it was really different.
The mounting tabs will still be there. I keep meaning to take mine off (with a cutting wheel on a grinder). But the stove is so ugly they don't really make much difference :)

Status
Not open for further replies.