Blaze King Display suggestions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fsappo

Minister of Fire
Apr 9, 2008
Central NY
It looks like Fireside Chatts is going to become a Blaze King dealer. BK can thank these forums for that. As of right now, we have space for one display model. I'll need to get rid of some dead weight in the showroom before showing more. This will be a burning display. If I had to start with one BK model over the summer months, just to get rolling, which one should it be? I was thinking of going big with the BKK.

Since it was all you BK users that got me to see the light, I figured you'd be the best ones to ask.

I think the King Ultra shows a lot better in person than in the brochures. Once someone who has struggled to heat their house sees it in action, it will be an easy sell. Opinions differ, but I think the nickel door is a nice touch as well.

I know its not stock, but I bet Hiram's honey brown would be even better.

I was leaning towards the King Ultra just for the show stopping ability. I keep going back to the Princess because of the 6" flue. I talked to a dealer in Marathon that sold about a dozen units his first year. All but one was a Princess and he cited the 6" flue and 20 hour burn times as the reason. He did say that one customer reported a true 30 hour burn on the Princess.

Franks said:
He did say that one customer reported a true 30 hour burn on the Princess.

That doesn't surprise me if the definition of true burn is rake the coals forward and you can reload on top of it. And it wasn't January. I think you will appreciate the King in the showroom. Turn it down before you leave at night, come back in the morning and turn it up with the blowers on to bring the temp back up, then back down to cruise control. This is completely uneducated, but my guess is that with the insulated panels, you can burn clean lower with the Ultra than the others. We light in September and burn until May continuously.

I can't find the youtube video at the moment but that one video with the slide on the exhaust pipe that the guy stuck his hand in while the stove was operating was amazing, I always thought that would be cool to do on a floor model.

I would go with a princess, it is more in line with peoples budgets these days.

Speaking of which are you going to have to do the higher pricing through Fireside? Kinda hoping you were able to deal directly with BK.

BK wants dealers in NY to go thru Fireside. We arent discounters, so we'll be pretty close to the suggested retail. I'm also considering the Chinook as an option. It appears to be about the same size as the Princess. I just got the price sheet emailed to me.

Looks like the Chinook will sell for about $3500 and the Princess Ultra for about $3000. That Chinook with the stainless cat and the smooth ash pan (About $280 more) coupled with decent looks may be the trick.

The Chinook is cool and all, but how many dealers actually have a BKK in the showroom? S&W is right, they are better in "person" than in the brochures. And you know there are people out there that have to have the biggest, baddest whatever.

I think the BKK is gonna end up in the showroom at some point. Its not the looks that halt me, its the 8" chimney requirement. By the fall, I am thinking of a burning Chinook and King as well as a Princess on the floor not burning.

Are you going to put a big bag over the Blaze king and just poke out eye holes . . . I mean a hole around the glass viewing area . . . ;) :) I know, I know . . . beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the Blaze King has some fantastic burn times . . . but I still find it butt ugly. ;) :)

firefighterjake said:
Are you going to put a big bag over the Blaze king and just poke out eye holes . . . I mean a hole around the glass viewing area . . . ;) :) I know, I know . . . beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the Blaze King has some fantastic burn times . . . but I still find it butt ugly. ;) :)

Amen! :lol:

I'd go with the Chinook- new product, better looks than the others, smae long burn times.

Now that I've been looking at it in my garage for a couple of weeks, it doesn't look so ridiculous, but the King definitely stands out in the showroom. It dwarfs all the other stoves.
And another vote for looking decent in person. Even SWMBO thinks so.

Yup, its ugly. But I get those folks who walk in the door who just want bad ass. I think I can really promote the 24 hour + burn time.

I vote Ultra King, Parlor Princess or vise versa so people can see the difference in models. People are also going to like the look of that new Chinook, probably would be wise to have one in your show room as well.

king ultra aka DARTH VADER! thats one bad a$$ stove! when people get serious point to that on in the showroom, man o man its almost big enough to put the naggin wife in!

Mt Ski Bum said:
I'd go with the Chinook- new product, better looks than the others, smae long burn times.

bah, 2/3 the firebox. They skinned the wrong stove.

SolarAndWood said:
Mt Ski Bum said:

bah, 2/3 the firebox. They skinned the wrong stove.

I have to disagree.
If you're a die-hard "Star wars" fan, skinning a King in Chinook armor works, if you want a hot R2D2 in your livingroom. I think the King is a thing of beauty. It really works in my location, all function, not much form- kinda' like me. Seriously, I bet that half of the people who knock the BKK for looks, have never seen one in person. They really do look better in person, you warm up to the profile rather quickly. Burn times? I burn Pine. This stove will make all others look stupid as far as burn times. Current- 7-9 splits over a 24 hr. period, house stays @ 70 °F , I really don't know what else to say. Love ya'!

I like your way of thinking BK. I checked my swing on an Equinox when I bought the King and couldn't be happier. I'm interested to see how Franks does with them. I originally passed on the BKK in favor of the Equinox because of price, looks and the local dealer didn't even have a BK to look at it.

I've been meaning to get up there, I'd like to get rid of my gas grill but need to wait for the bleeding from the house project to slow down.

I sent ya a bbq PM. We may have already talked about this. Anyhow, always welcome a Hearth.com member to stop by and say hello. In fact, with all the couches and seating here, I could probably host a NY Hearth.com get together, if I knew we could get at least 20 or so folks to attend. My boss doesnt mind me using the showroom for "business" events as long as the turnout is good. Hell, he may even cater it. Hell Hell, he may even let me whip out the old Traeger from the warehouse and do some cooking. I hijacked my own thread!

Thanks for helping me think this thru. Its gonna be the Chinook with square sides as the burn model for now, with a Princess Parlor burn model addes in the fall, and the King Ultra along side not burning. I'm glad to be part of the BK family. Thanks also for getting me out of my 20 year "non cat" only rut. If I didnt value the thoughts and opinions of this community, I would not involved you all in decisions as large as this.

I've had four stoves in seven years all heavies ,Quad,5700,Morso their biggest,a great stove by the way,and Bucks largest a 94,now I am a BBK Ultra owner,in my opinion this BBK looks as good as any of them. And if I'm reading it correctly will leave them all in the dust when it comes to Looooong sustained heat output,its durability and workmanship shows that the company has its act together.Will I be saying this a year from now? We'll see. I will post some pictures within the next three days of the install as well as my wood supply and my scrounge pile which is a wonder to behold. Not kidding either.

Status
Not open for further replies.