blaze king guys got a question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NATE379 said:
Straight up and down on the T Stat knob.

i.e. very low burn

It's awesome ya can turn it down ti nothing the. Crank her back Up at nite and get the stove going in no time.

like that trick don't ya? doesn't work as well in January though.

SolarAndWood said:
NATE379 said:
Straight up and down on the T Stat knob.

i.e. very low burn

Thanks SaW. That's the lowest?

"Mine goes to 11." -- Spinal Tap :)

SolarAndWood said:
like that trick don't ya? doesn't work as well in January though.
yes that is awesome. been doing that now loaded last night at 6 woke up this morning at 5 pulled it up front cranked her down and still had plenty to get these nice uglies loaded.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 228
I see black on your door!
I been getting it also.

HotCoals said:
I see black on your door!
I been getting it also.
gets a little hazy in the corners sometimes

clears right up to spottless after about 5 min of heat hitting it.

Mine never really seems to clean off all that well no matter what I do with the fire.
I'm using up some wood that I know is around 30% MC.
When I get to the good stuff I hope it's better then.
My fires smolder a lot because it just gets to warm in here if I go above 1 or so.
Loaded maybe halfway at 6am..maybe a 1/3 of that left yet and its 74-78 throughout the house.
Mind 30's F all day.

are you leaving the bypass open long enough since the wood is high in moisture? that'll help and it'll help ur cat last longer to. just check the chimney to make sure its not clogging up

the stuff im burning now defiantly isnt the best so i leave bypass open longer and burn hot for closer to an hour then crank her down.

If I have time I leave the by-pass open for 45 mins or so.
I'm not complaining..it's doing a fine job.
After 12 hours at least a 1/3 load left from the half or a little better 6 am fill.
Stove top 350..stack about a foot up 175.
Cat is at least half way.
There is a full 3 year warranty on the cat..so I'll see what she will take..lol.
I guess another 3 years pro rated.
Just can't get over the wood I'm saving compared with our old non cat bk.

Ahh that's good. I can usually tell when I can shut it with the crappy wood sometimes 10 minute and sometimes 25 min. Depends on the wood. Most of the time it's flaming pretty good andits all black after 10 min then I shut it. Sometimes it needs that extra 15 min.

Right..if my cat is up in temps good, about 15 mins here also.
Cant get over how the stove heated the house all day off of the cat mostly.
But of course it was around 32-35f all day..but that's still good in my book.
All I know is that with the old bk I only had to clean the chimney once a year .. 3 or 4 cup fulls or so.
The glass on the old stove used to get just as smoked up..prolly worse.

Today we got a gift package of chocolates and carmel and I don't don't what all from the salesman where I bought the stove...thought that was kinda nice of him.
I know I paid enough for it..lol.
There was a nice thank you card and his cell number if we have any questions or problems.
You don't see that much anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.