Blaze King Headache

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You got a new stove after three years and post a thread with a title like this? The PE guys should be jealous.

I don't know if it's possible, but Blaze King deserves a better title. Something like "Great Blaze King Customer Service" might be appropriate. Probably would need a moderator to do that, if requested.

He did suffer a few seasons of poor performance and spent money on those cats. I don't know, in the end they made it better but during those three years I would have been pretty unhappy as well.

He did suffer a few seasons of poor performance and spent money on those cats. I don't know, in the end they made it better but during those three years I would have been pretty unhappy as well.

Yeah.. it is a lousy deal to have to go through that kind of time/frustration before it gets made right. I've had that with car problems... where for months the dealer did nothing but pretend to look at it, then when I finally took it to a good mechanic that I paid it was fixed in a day.

Very frustrating, but the BK problem was immediately resolved when he called BK, so it's a shame to see them take the full blame of the problem.

The time element here goes to poor dealer support. The dealer should have been much more involved early on in support of the customer to get it fixed. I'd be looking at the dealer for compensation of all of the added expense to get this resolved. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to look at the installation and decide quickly that it was a stove issue.

That's the way I read it. Given the situation, if I was a BK exec I'd be taking a serious look at that dealer as my local representative, because the dealer is damaging the company's reputation.

PS I don't own I BK, and have no skin in the game, but this dealer sounds like a "I made the sale, now leave me alone", kind-of shop.. and that's where this all went south.

Oldhippie stole my thunder. I agree the Southern Oregon BK dealer should be slammed by BK and if iI were the customer I would personally blast the daylights out of them. They should give danho a $500 gift certificate to spend in their store. They should also apologize profusely until the cows come home. Businesses like that make banks look good!

Reactions: Oldhippie
Still bothers me some that my BK dealer did not have a gasket for the cat in stock.
So I ordered it from him.
I guess the 20 bucks for the gasket didn't bother me much for I like for him to make some money..but I did not like the 10 dollar shipping charge..e -bay the next time.
They would not drop ship it..so the dealer said...so I drove 45 mins to get it when it came in..never again.

Still bothers me some that my BK dealer did not have a gasket for the cat in stock.
So I ordered it from him.
I guess the 20 bucks for the gasket didn't bother me much for I like for him to make some money..but I did not like the 10 dollar shipping charge..e -bay the next time.
They would not drop ship it..so the dealer said...so I drove 45 mins to get it when it came in..never again.

Absolutely unbelievable, and I would write to BK about this. Such a small issue, so easy for them to correct, and can lead to serious customer dissatisfaction if they don't. It should never be hard or time consuming for you to get the parts you need from time to time to keep your stove in good working condition. I'm sure BK hasn't realized the inconvenience they are causing. Woodstock, by contrast, puts the gasket in the mail to you the day you call, and doesn't charge shipping. It doesn't cost them much to send a gasket. Sure it is covered in the price.

Absolutely unbelievable, and I would write to BK about this. Such a small issue, so easy for them to correct, and can lead to serious customer dissatisfaction if they don't. It should never be hard or time consuming for you to get the parts you need from time to time to keep your stove in good working condition. I'm sure BK hasn't realized the inconvenience they are causing. Woodstock, by contrast, puts the gasket in the mail to you the day you call, and doesn't charge shipping. It doesn't cost them much to send a gasket. Sure it is covered in the price.

Well that's one reason if I ever switch stoves Woodstock will be at the top of the list to look at.

My dealer also told me that my paint problem was normal (after first season it looked awful on top) and told me what paint to buy..sort of.

This guy has been in the Hardware business for a long time..one of the biggest stove dealers around.

http://www.fireplaces-rochester-ny.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.