Blaze King Sirocco 30.1 estimate....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jason763

Feb 14, 2016
Wisconsin
Hello. I just want to start by saying thank you, this site has been very helpful in my pursuit of getting a wood stove.
I received an estimate in the mail today from a hearth shop I went to last weekend and would like some opinions on the numbers. I am in southeastern Wisconsin. Our estimate was for a Blaze king sirocco 30.1 , plain Jane with legs and a 28ft interior flu. Two story home with 12/12 roof. Total prce is $7925. The estimate is not itemized but I did find out the stove price is $2650. That leaves $5275. The owner said the flu would be double wall from the stove to the ceiling box and class A, stainless, insulated to the cap. Kinda pricey ?

Umm, I'd get a second quote...

Hello. I just want to start by saying thank you, this site has been very helpful in my pursuit of getting a wood stove.
I received an estimate in the mail today from a hearth shop I went to last weekend and would like some opinions on the numbers. I am in southeastern Wisconsin. Our estimate was for a Blaze king sirocco 30.1 , plain Jane with legs and a 28ft interior flu. Two story home with 12/12 roof. Total prce is $7925. The estimate is not itemized but I did find out the stove price is $2650. That leaves $5275. The owner said the flu would be double wall from the stove to the ceiling box and class A, stainless, insulated to the cap. Kinda pricey ?
WOW !!!!!!

Not being itemized is a real problem with me. 28 ft of pipe you described is not cheap.Stove its self seems priced right.Get a break down on the price as I believe they are fattening the estimate by about $1500-$1800

Stove price seems in line, but I'm not familiar with the Blaze King brand. The rest of the quote is criminal. I had a Pacific Energy Summit Stove (around $2500) installed with 25 ft of Excel double wall chimney installed for about $4000, (total stove and chimney). Excel is a really good brand of chimney, and 25 ft of it only cost me $1500, so yeah, your getting screwed.

Stove price seems in line, but I'm not familiar with the Blaze King brand. The rest of the quote is criminal. I had a Pacific Energy Summit Stove (around $2500) installed with 25 ft of Excel double wall chimney installed for about $4000, (total stove and chimney). Excel is a really good brand of chimney, and 25 ft of it only cost me $1500, so yeah, your getting screwed.
Thank you. I'm going to keep looking, just trying to get opinions. Labor rates by me are $700-800 for the install. By what you'll have shared I should be around $5000 with a factory hearth pad.

Well that seems cheap. $2500us for the stove seems a bit high, but $1500 for 25ft of installed excel chimney(I'll assume some of that is connecting pipe) is dirt cheap. Like double check those numbers cheap.

Well that seems cheap. $2500us for the stove seems a bit high, but $1500 for 25ft of installed excel chimney(I'll assume some of that is connecting pipe) is dirt cheap. Like double check those numbers cheap.

Stove was $2243
18' Class A - $1000
40" - 68" adjustable - $172
2' Class A - $67
Plus a bunch of misc. parts, cap, supports, collar etc.
Labor - $600
He threw in a discount that made the project $4000 out the door, installed.

Bear in mind that this was 5 years ago, and it was turnkey from his end, all the framing was done, all he had to do was pull the old liner and set the stove and new liner.

Sounds like a good fair deal.