Blaze king Sirroco 20 help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laura, has anyone actually pulled the cat out and inspected it? Cats can plug up fast in adverse conditions. Have you ever seen the cat glow? What's the farest into the active zone have you seen it?
Nope, BK says they will not even consider it a cat issue for 7 years. I have never seen it glow.

I
My thread from the start I was hijacked! Haha just kidding try a get these BKs going good
know, I'm sorry. Just couldn;t figure out how to start a new thread. So... sorry guilty of hijacking. But i find a little comfort if not heat in this comradery of sirocco 20 problem solving. Just got the moisture meter form BK yesterday, but now have to go get a battery for it.

Nope, BK says they will not even consider it a cat issue for 7 years. I have never seen it glow.
Almost to 100% with dealer's wood and flue temp got pretty hot too with his wood. Going to be getting some ddry live oak and a battery for moisture meter today. will report back. THANKS again all.

I'm pretty sure they did not mean it the way you are saying it. They have a 10 year warranty on the cat because they are expected to last at least 7 years. You can clog a cat up in 5 minutes if you don't operate the stove correctly. That doesn't mean its a warranty issue, it just needs to be looked at and cleaned.

You should be able to see the cat glowing anytime the combuster temps are about 50% on the gauge.

I

know, I'm sorry. Just couldn;t figure out how to start a new thread. So... sorry guilty of hijacking. But i find a little comfort if not heat in this comradery of sirocco 20 problem solving. Just got the moisture meter form BK yesterday, but now have to go get a battery for it.

Laura, starting a new thread for your specific issues would be a good idea. I can help move some of the important facts over. To start a new post, go to the hearth forum home page here:
https://www.hearth.com/talk/forums/the-hearth-room-wood-stoves-and-fireplaces.6/

Then click on the light blue "Post New Thread" button in the upper right corner of the page.

What? Definitely yes. These are totally different issues. Mixing them up together is confusingat best and less than helpful.

Haha just moved in and have my priorities straight huh? So I think once back from vacation I will do a straight shot leave out any guess work with clearances and hopefully be done! Now I need a moister meter just another expense for my need to burn. Too funny talking with my dad saying how much money I will save ha!
Bk sent me one of their MMs its a CE. Runs on 1 9v.

So I have been going back and fourth and I think I may just get a heat shield and wait for double wall till next year. I've spent too much already. The stove works just fine

Mine, (now a 30), is working fine without double wall.

(I'm convinced my issue was with the stat - when on medium it was actually on low, turning to low was turning off. I got pretty good burn times if I never put it lower than medium. Yet, still exchanged it out for a 30 and it makes a world of difference - the box is soooo much easier to load too and finally temps are in high 60's in adjoining rooms - although outside temps are higher as well).

Stay safe and warm and again my apologies for jumping into your thread.

Last edited:
Awesome! I'm just turned off by the odd look a heat shield presents. Do they make any other options?

Oh oh, someone needs to tell that author that is not a legal or proper wall shield. There's no air gap built in.

Last edited:
This thread has been so diverted that it's hard to tell. What bends are you referring to?

All in the connector, right? A sooteater should be able to navigate these.

Two are inside and two in the attic. I'm assuming I need to take something apart right?
2 - 45s in the attic, are you certain about this? What type of pipe is in the attic?

Ah no more like 35?
ve7e3a2e.jpg

More like 30 degrees, and totally ok. A sooteater will navigate these easily.

Cool thanks! Will let you guys know about my double wall. Do you think it will reduce heat in the house? That's what the dealer said. I don't trust him tho

Marginally. Your stove is very efficient. Don't worry about heating the house with the stove pipe. That is so old skewl.

Status
Not open for further replies.