Blaze king ultra install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gakdudes

Mar 27, 2015
Fruitvale, B.C. Canada
After 2 cold winters of insufficient heating from our Napoleon 1400, we just ordered a BK king. My question on the install is: Due to the height of the stove and ceiling height in the basement, is it better to go with the recommended 3' straight stack then 2 90 to get in the chimney or go with ~2' straight stack then 2 45s? Look forward to many discussions in hearth land ☺

After 2 cold winters of insufficient heating from our Napoleon 1400, we just ordered a BK king. My question on the install is: Due to the height of the stove and ceiling height in the basement, is it better to go with the recommended 3' straight stack then 2 90 to get in the chimney or go with ~2' straight stack then 2 45s? Look forward to many discussions in hearth land ☺

I don't think anyone will be able to give you the correct answer just share their own experiences. When I first installed my stove I had one 90* about 30 inches up and had some issue with smoke spillage, I switched it out for 2 45's which helped out a lot.

I have a Princess I have heard far less complaints on the King when it comes to smoke spillage. A 90* elbow at the recommended 3" height may be just fine.

Did you lower the 30 inches to fit in the 45s? And yeah I was super excited to realize I had an 8" flue and could go with a king. The things you discover when you clean your chimney!

Did you lower the 30 inches to fit in the 45s? And yeah I was super excited to realize I had an 8" flue and could go with a king. The things you discover when you clean your chimney!

It lowered it a little bit, since it's not a 90 you get some rise through the 45's at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.