Blaze King users steamers?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwikrp

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
SE Mass
What do you other Blaze king owners use as a steamer ? I can not use my old steamer pot the edge or stove top is to narrow due to the convection top. I have put a pot of water on top but it is not doing much. I was wondering what some of you others are doing out there?

kwikrp said:
What do you other Blaze king owners use as a steamer ? I can not use my old steamer pot the edge or stove top is to narrow due to the convection top. I have put a pot of water on top but it is not doing much. I was wondering what some of you others are doing out there?

+1
My wife put the pot on top of the shield, like you do, not near as effective as on the stove top.
Not needing filled very often.
Was thinking of venting the dryer vent into the house for moisture. (electric)
Maybe time for a humidifier.
Our weather lately has helped, but during the cold dry months it is noticeably dryer.

Good question.

We have one of those dragon steamers it fits on the top in front of the convector pretty well, We have it placed right in front of the probe for the cat, the measurements they list for it must be the largest areas because the bottom is just about the same width as what's left of the stove top in front of he convector

We put our old cast iron kettle on the front left corner in front of the blower deck. It is always dry within a day or two. Not pretty but effective.

Plenty of room on the top of my stove, but I have no need to humidify the air.

Mine is the ultra king, over 1/2 the top has a deck where the blower air passes over the top.
1/2 of a hat barely fits & anything there blocks the fan air.
The water pot don't get very hot so water evaporates pretty slow.
Maybe a larger, more open top pot there, but my wife bought it just for the new stove.
Maybe in time I can get a different one.

Attachments

• 100_5699.jpg
    100_5699.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 316
Weird, on the princess that part is just on the very back, so all but the back couple inches is the stove top.

That is the convection deck, it extends in front of the pipe on the Princess as well.

Hmm, now does that work with the blowers?? I don't have that on my stove.

156761_176718775690768_100000579410319_496931_5094961_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs615.ash2/156761_176718775690768_100000579410319_496931_5094961_n.jpg

NATE379 said:
Hmm, now does that work with the blowers?? I don't have that on my stove.

Attachments

• BK Ultra rear view.jpg
    BK Ultra rear view.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 240
  • BK Ultra side view.jpg
    BK Ultra side view.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 228
Status
Not open for further replies.