Blazer Pellets HD

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pelletkid

Oct 10, 2011
Home depot got in Blazer wood pellets. $229 per ton. Any one have any info on if they are any good? I bought me a bag to try them out. Was still 90 degress today so dont think i better try them out yet i think the wife would kick me out of the house if i did!! :mad:

Attachments

• 0904121849.jpg
    0904121849.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 495
  • 0904121849a.jpg
    0904121849a.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 291
  • 0904121851.jpg
    0904121851.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 330
Blazers are a great pellet. Mostly Doug Fir so they burn hot. The HD in my area sold them last year for $198/ton and $3.89/bag, so I bought a a dozen or so bags to get me through Fall chills. They do not have any out yet this year and I am interested in the price, $229/ton is very reasonable for a DF based pellet. I did buy some WOW products pellets today call Hot Shots. They are Blazers packaged in a 25lb bag. I was going to use them to drive the morning chill from the house.

Any way I think you will like Blazers, they smell great burn with a bright flame.

Blazers are a great pellet. Mostly Doug Fir so they burn hot. The HD in my area sold them last year for $198/ton and $3.89/bag, so I bought a a dozen or so bags to get me through Fall chills. They do not have any out yet this year and I am interested in the price, $229/ton is very reasonable for a DF based pellet. I did buy some WOW products pellets today call Hot Shots. They are Blazers packaged in a 25lb bag. I was going to use them to drive the morning chill from the house.

Any way I think you will like Blazers, they smell great burn with a bright flame.

Thanks Anyone else use them? I will post up after i burn them up but that wont be for a bit yet.

I try to use just Blazers...as much as possible.. I dont care for the Manke cleanburn sodium deposits. ( hangs head) am trying Cascades this season but have 2t of blazers on order

not sure where you are located Pellet,but judging by the price for the blazers one would assume you are no where near boston .wow $229 a ton for a pellet that gets great reviews here.how come i cant find pellets like that.where are you located?

not sure where you are located Pellet,but judging by the price for the blazers one would assume you are no where near boston .wow $229 a ton for a pellet that gets great reviews here.how come i cant find pellets like that.where are you located?

We'd pay the boxstore price if HD had them in our area. Pretty much all pellets are the same to them box store peeps! ==c

I am in central California. These blazer pellets say west Oregon wood products so i would guess they are only coming down from there. If you look at the one pic above you will see it says columbia city oregon on the bag. Any more thoughts on these? I am just going to dig into the stove and do a cleaning and make and install a OAK! :)

Blazers for @$200 a ton...WTF!!!! The HD near me is selling Inferno for that price!!!

Blazers for @$200 a ton...WTF!!!! The HD near me is selling Inferno for that price!!!

Man, why can't we get any deals like that up in the northeast! :(

The best I have near me are Lignetics at my Ace Hardware for $279, and they are stored outdoors.....

I am in central California. These blazer pellets say west Oregon wood products so i would guess they are only coming down from there. If you look at the one pic above you will see it says columbia city oregon on the bag. Any more thoughts on these? I am just going to dig into the stove and do a cleaning and make and install a OAK! :)

Blazers are a great pellet for the price. Not sure what else you have burned, but I have burned Clean Burn, Blazers, Bear Mtn, North Idaho Energy and Pacific Pellet. Bear Mtn was the best, but at around $300/ton, I'd rather burn Clean Burn, Blazers or Pacific Pellet. All of these pellets are Doug Fir and at least last year were priced at about $210/ton on average. Clean Burn does burn cleaner than Blazers and puts out similar heat. Pacific Pellet burned as hot as Bear Mtn, but dirtier than the others (not bad though). North Idaho Energy was a nice clean burning pellet, but for the price (about $260/ton) they didn't put out any more heat than the Blazers, so I was disappointed in them. Not sure what my favorite is yet...leaning towards Clean Burn as I heard they have started making their pellets slightly smaller. If that is true, more lbs/hr will feed and probably be a close 2nd to Bear Mtn in heat output vs cleanliness. But, then again I have a HD a short 1 mile from my house and Blazers are cheap and very convenient to get with my trailer.
Flynfrfun

Blazers are a great pellet for the price. Not sure what else you have burned, but I have burned Clean Burn, Blazers, Bear Mtn, North Idaho Energy and Pacific Pellet. Bear Mtn was the best, but at around $300/ton, I'd rather burn Clean Burn, Blazers or Pacific Pellet. All of these pellets are Doug Fir and at least last year were priced at about $210/ton on average. Clean Burn does burn cleaner than Blazers and puts out similar heat. Pacific Pellet burned as hot as Bear Mtn, but dirtier than the others (not bad though). North Idaho Energy was a nice clean burning pellet, but for the price (about $260/ton) they didn't put out any more heat than the Blazers, so I was disappointed in them. Not sure what my favorite is yet...leaning towards Clean Burn as I heard they have started making their pellets slightly smaller. If that is true, more lbs/hr will feed and probably be a close 2nd to Bear Mtn in heat output vs cleanliness. But, then again I have a HD a short 1 mile from my house and Blazers are cheap and very convenient to get with my trailer.
Flynfrfun

I have burned Bear Mtn, Green Tree and Lignetics. The bear MTn was the best of those 3 by a long ways!!!! If these blazers are like Bear Mtn then they should be good. I will post up after i burn them.

Thanx for this thread. 'local' Home Depot 25 miles down the road has Blazers for $244/T. This is $55 cheaper than the Heat'rs I'm used to a few miles away.
Heat'rs are at Lake Drive Hardware in Crestline CA. Blazers are at Home Depot in Redlands, CA.

I live in mountains between Los Angeles and Las Vegas about a mile high. :) Haven't used natural gas heat in 5 years! Snow forecast tomorrow.

Really looking forward to a cozy burning season because it has been 3 years since I've seen winter. :eek: Rode my F650 motorcycle 50,000 miles from driveway to driveway with the tip of South America, the Amazon, and 15 or so countries in between. :cool: Last May had to leave the bike in Buenos Aires for a few months to fly home for summer. Rode in 'summer' snow in the Andes and the southern regions though without pellet heat! :( Coldest I've ever been was heading down to the ocean near the equator. Turned out the Andes range was in the way. ;sick Did enjoy the night before in Ecuador with a nice hotel room wood fireplace. :)

I burned approximately 4.5 tons of Blazers last year. Good product for the money! However, they produced a significant amount of clinkers. Blazers are generally found on the West coast, given production in OR. I've tried most of the other Western offerings already mentioned above. I found Bear Mountain/Golden Fire produce the most heat with little to no clinkers and ash. I used a 10% off coupon (Lowes) to purchase 6 tons in late August.

Status
Not open for further replies.