blizzard warning ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jharkin

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 21, 2009
Holliston, MA USA
looks like we are finally getting our share here in New England ;) Talking about 12-18 here.....

Merry Christmas all!

~Jeremy

We are supposed to be getting some snow here in NY. Just brought in enough wood that should last about a week of 24x7 burning. Let it snow. Go Giants.

But as you know the weatherman is not always right. Ok rarely right

We are expecting 4 to 8 inches. I brought in some wood from the outside pile earlier today and plan to enjoy it tomorrow. Hope you are all having a Merry Christmas.

Just doing some weather homework, they are saying 12-18 by Monday eve. Finally will get to take the new to me sled for a ripper. I have enuf wood inside for at least 8 weeks. Let it SNOW!

We might have it look like ZAPLAND here soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

KC

KatWill said:
We are supposed to be getting some snow here in NY. Just brought in enough wood that should last about a week of 24x7 burning. Let it snow. Go Giants.
We are supposed to be getting up to a foot, should make the eagles game interesting. As for the giants, I apologize for last week.

NE pa to get near a foot !!!! Time to make sure the wood is ready to go.

Will make for a great Eagles game tonight !!!

As for the Giants last week, bwa ha ha ha ha... (sorry had to)

shawneyboy said:

Shawney, at least give the giants some credit, they played their little giant hearts out for 3.5 quarters.

In the D.C. area this storm has been on again...off again for the past week. Christmas Eve they told us we would only get a dusting and last evening it turned into a winter storm warning. no prob....got the jeep, got the generator, got the wood pile stacked up inside....comon snow. Here's to wishing the Federal Government closes on monday, or at least that liberal leave will be in effect. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

cass

krex1010 said:
shawneyboy said:

Shawney, at least give the giants some credit, they played their little giant hearts out for 3.5 quarters.

OK OK you are right, the worst part is at about 10 minutes left, I wrote the game off, and hit the road since I was doing the Early xmas thing. So I missed the amazing comeback, but caught a replay of game so.....

You are right they did play well for the majority of the game. Perhaps, they like I thought it was in the bag, and the cat got out.

shawneyboy said:

"GO STEELERS GO............................."

shawneyboy said:
krex1010 said:
shawneyboy said:

OK OK you are right, the worst part is at about 10 minutes left, I wrote the game off, and hit the road since I was doing the Early xmas thing. So I missed the amazing comeback, but caught a replay of game so.....

You are right they did play well for the majority of the game. Perhaps, they like I thought it was in the bag, and the cat got out.
You missed the comeback! Man sorry to hear that. All I know is, I do not want to play the giants in the playoffs, I think we used up our well of good luck against them this year! E-A-G-L-E-S.

Sleating Snow in Florida right now! No chains for the truck ;-P

Expecting 18-24 here on Long Island. Bring it on.

They postponed the EAGLES game!!! what? A little snow and wind and they dont play football any more? Wimps!

Latest is calling for snowfall up to 4in an hour developing tonight along with winds 35 gusting to 60. So far its just a light flurry but they expect it to be wet and heavy later. Widespread power outages predicted.

I'm thrilled since I have nowhere to be but also bummed a bit the stove is cold (newborns in the house ,pedi recommended to keep it off for the first month).

We dodged the bullet. It skirted just to the East of us and we just got a dusting. Still falling but very light. We won't be so lucky with the high winds that are headed our way.

Blizzard warning my a$$.

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Blizzard warning my a$$.

Looking at the maps it looks like you guys are getting pounded.

BrotherBart said:
Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Blizzard warning my a$$.

Looking at the maps it looks like you guys are getting pounded.

It has all the makings of the one before Christmas last year. A "Snow Nor 'Easter". That one was 30". Murphy is 18" high at the wither >:-(

Gotta go jump start a car in the driveway with The Beast, so we can push the snow into big, lovely, disgusting piles :coolsmirk:

been getting dumped on here since 10 am... looks like over a foot for me well see glad i built the wood shed last spring worth the work on days like this.

argus66 said:
been getting dumped on here since 10 am... looks like over a foot for me well see glad i built the wood shed last spring worth the work on days like this.

Northwest Hunterdon is right on the line separating 6-12" and 12-18" so we'll see. I had just enough time after church to get some gas for the generator/snowblower, move all the crap in the garage out of the way so I can get to them, and play with the Fiskars I got for Christmas ;)

They keep downgrading us, we're down to 4-8" now. Hopefully it will all evaporate before it makes its way up here.

First time in 25 years I've covered my wood. I was out prepping the snowblower and came upon the leftover metal roofing from this year's tool shed build. A junk piece of 1/4" luan ply was out there, too.

H-mmm...... Why not put this stuff on top of that stuff? Why am I so stubborn? Why have I resisted covering my wood stacks all these years?

Thank, guys. Ya shamed me into it. :roll: ;-)

krex1010 said:
KatWill said:
We are supposed to be getting up to a foot, should make the eagles game interesting. As for the giants, I apologize for last week.

Krex1010, that was the most exciting game I have ever seen in my life. too bad i was on other side screaming at my tv. I spent the week in the Poconos and thats all the local tv and radio was talking about.

I'd be plowin right now if it weren't for this darn wind! Just gonna wait this one out i think. It's blowin an easy 30+ outside right now and the drifts are all over the place. Oh well, i'll stay in here with the g/f and the dog and keep the stove crankin til the boss calls.

Everyone enjoy the storm and be safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.