Blower stops, pellets feed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stuball

I have a Winrich Dynasty. When it gets hot, the circulation blower stops but the pellets continue to feed. After about 10 minutes the blower kicks in again, then goes out 5 minutes later, repeat. If it is an overheating issue, it doesn't make sense to me that the pellets would continue to feed. My exhaust is pretty long; into the wall for 2 feet, turns 90 degrees, travels horizontally inside a wall for 17 ft, then out an exterior wall and 90 degrees up about 6 more feet. This stove has a high and low limit snap disc, as well as a vacuum switch on the exhaust port. What does the vacuum switch do? Thanks for any replies, please email to [email protected].
stuball

Usually there is a snap switch that controls the convection blower. Its possible yours is worn out and not working correctly anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.