Castle Serenity -Low temp alarm...pellets stopped feeding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jake86

Burning Hunk
Oct 8, 2015
Plymouth, Massachusetts
Brand new stove...starts an runs for 15 mins. and then stops feeding till fire goes out then 15 mins later Low Temp Alarm. Vacuum switch ok..CS closed on weekends. Exhaust piping just cleaned and new gasket. Any Ideas how to get this thing going?

Vacuum switch ok
How do you know its ok? Did you jump it? Unplug stove, take wires off vacuum switch connect them together with paper clip or jumper wire tape them, plug stove back in and try starting. You can also test the Proof of Fire Switch/low limit switch the same way it is located on the exhaust blower housing looks like disc below but should have tag on it saying 52C

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/castle-serenity-alarm-low-temp.178905/

male spaded jumper wire.jpg thermodisc.jpg

I would check the proof of fire switch .
If it does not read a temp of 52::C the stove
will close down
Maybe a disconnected wire?
Jump it and start stove if continues to burn and heat replace switch
Note don't run the stove for extended periods with the switch jumped

Last edited:
Reactions: ARC
I would check the proof of fire switch .
If it does not read a temp of 52::C the stove
will close down
Maybe a disconnected wire?
Jump it and start stove if continues to burn and heat replace switch
Note don't run the stove for extended periods with the switch jumped
I went to the manual (daaah) trouble shooting guide and pushed a button on the proof of fire switch and it's been feeding for the past 2 hours.(knock on wood-my head) Thanks people

Reactions: ARC
Like they say if all else fails read the manual :p
Just for clarification, you pushed a RED button that went click?
if so it was the overheat switch that you reset But as long as the stove
is throwing heat then I am happy for you