Blue Flame......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadDad320

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jul 13, 2008
NW New Jersey
I think I read in here somewhere that you want to adjust the damper until you see a hint of blue in the base of the flame???? Is this correct????

BadDad320 said:
I think I read in here somewhere that you want to adjust the damper until you see a hint of blue in the base of the flame???? Is this correct????

It works for me but different make stoves can arrive at this by other means.
My Harman doesn`t have a damper so it`s all in the draft , combustion air , and flue.

I agree GIO. My stove burns the cleanest when there is some blue. I call it the blow torch effect. That kind of flame also indicates your burning with high efficiency. If you have air adjustments on your stove where you can control the air/fuel ratio, becareful not to make the torch effect to fierce, you'll waste pellets.

codebum said:
I agree GIO. My stove burns the cleanest when there is some blue. I call it the blow torch effect. That kind of flame also indicates your burning with high efficiency. If you have air adjustments on your stove where you can control the air/fuel ratio, becareful not to make the torch effect to fierce, you'll waste pellets.

Yeah , I had experimented with the low draft potentiometer (adjustment screw) and found that my vent draft was too strong and the flame too fierce so i ended up with it turned all the way down. Stove burns really good now with partial blue flame present .

Status
Not open for further replies.