Bluestone Mantle Help: Any stone/stove seller in MA ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

billfish

Hearth Supporter
Jan 25, 2010
Norwood, MA
Hello !

2 years into my Jotul Rockland and enjoying it. Currently using a mantle deflector.
Would like to replace the wooden mantle with a piece of stone this fall.

Can anyone recommend a stone company in Massachusetts that they've had a good experience with?

Also, any recommendations for a width for the stone? I have a Plasma above which has not been an issue with the deflector (I keep a thermometer there just to check on those cranking fires). Hope to not have to drill a deflector into the bluestone

thanks so much!

Swenson in Hanover Ma and Plymouth Rock Quarries in Hingham. Have used them both for construction materials, they should have what your looking for.

I went to Camosse Masonry Supply in Shrewsbury MA. I used a peice of brownstone shown below. Most stone dealers have several stone peices and will cut to your needs. There's also a product you can use to darken the stone. You brush it on and it gives the stone a wet look.

index.php

index.php

Status
Not open for further replies.