boiler cleaning chemical's for Eko 40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2010
new mexico
I got two bottles from dave at cozy heat. One for cleaning out, and one for treating water. I have 1000 gallons of storage but the bottle for cleaning says 200 gallons per bottle. Do I need to order more from him or did any of you just use one bottle for more water. Also any help on using the chemical's and starting the system.

I bought mine from Wood Boiler Solutions. They can do testing if you send them a sample and make recommendations off that. Not sure I would mix chemicals. WBS sells some of his products in bulk which helps with expense. Not sure that is made very clear on his website. However they will give you personalized service. If you know anything about your water quality before you call them have that on hand.
I used a small pump, diluted product and added to storage when storage was about 3/4 full.I was attempting not to have a bunch of product collect in a corner someplace.
I also remember that some of the products were very strong. Highly suggest wearing PPE ( personal protection equipment ). Respirator glasses, gloves & long shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.