boiler differences

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Eko is green, the Paxo is yellow....

The sheet metal is also slightly different, however as far as I know (or as anyone else has posted) the boilers are identical internally and functionally.

Gooserider

The Paxo has a secondary heat exchanger (for a second water loop if you want one), heat exchanger cleaner (lever on the side), and ask Mark at AHONA for the rest.

Hunderliggur said:
The Paxo has a secondary heat exchanger (for a second water loop if you want one), heat exchanger cleaner (lever on the side), and ask Mark at AHONA for the rest.

The EKO "Super" models - which I believe are the majority of the ones brought into the US by New Horizons or AHONA, also have the turbulator cleaning lever...

As to the secondary HX, my understanding was that it is not intended for normal use, especially not for DHW, as it is only a steel coil - it was intended as a way to do an emergency heat dump where they could run cold domestic water through the loop and down the drain in case of power failure, etc... Normal instruction for US install was to cap it off, after drilling a small hole in one pipe cap to allow for expansion pressure venting...

Gooserider

Gooserider said:
Hunderliggur said:

The EKO "Super" models - which I believe are the majority of the ones brought into the US by New Horizons or AHONA, also have the turbulator cleaning lever...

As to the secondary HX, my understanding was that it is not intended for normal use, especially not for DHW, as it is only a steel coil - it was intended as a way to do an emergency heat dump where they could run cold domestic water through the loop and down the drain in case of power failure, etc... Normal instruction for US install was to cap it off, after drilling a small hole in one pipe cap to allow for expansion pressure venting...

Gooserider

+1. I have the EKO super which has the lever as well as the emergency overheat loop (secondary HX loop). I believe all EKO's sold in the US after 2007/2008 have been "Supers"....

I bought one from Mark 2 yrs ago- EKO super, bought a 2nd one this past summer when he was advertising summer pricing- standard EKO no loop on top, no turbulator handle, big price difference.
Lucasz & his sister Anna if I remember correctly were on the quickway ( Rt 17) on their way to see Mark, and agreed to stop & drop it off for me rather than put another 500 miles on it. They were quite nice.
Mark also was the most helpful & knowledgeable of all the salespeople I met at the farm show 2 years ago.

Gooserider said:
Hunderliggur said:

Gooserider
You're correct on all comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.