1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Bonfire

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Flatbedford, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Flatbedford

Flatbedford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, suburbs of NYC
    There is a VA hospital near me. The grounds extend right down to the Hudson River. My wife and I were out on the boat on Memorial Day weekend and we finally saw the HUGE bonfire they do every year. These pictures are taken on our boat from at least 300 yards away. We could feel the heat from the fire that far away. It was hard to get a good shot in the limited light. One of them shows a building for scale. The building is about 100 feet from the building and is about 20'x'50, about 15' tall and up on a hill. They burn whole tree trunks!

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Cowboy Billy

Cowboy Billy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Britton MI
    Cool It looks like one of mine!!! Although I don't get that nice reflection off of the water.

Billy
  3. Flatbedford

Flatbedford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, suburbs of NYC
    I have saw the aftermath of the fire a few years ago. It was a pile of ashes about 30'x30'. Big Fire!
  4. n3pro

n3pro Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Enola, PA (near Harrisburg the unknown Capitol.
    I remember years ago, I was about 13 and there was a great holiday get together on a farm. Two adults left to get the burgers and hot dogs from the house a few hundred feet away while three of us who though we were adults were around the fire. You ain't seen a bon fire until you leave one attended by some teens and a pile of rail road ties.