Bosca Baffle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cruise1521

Oct 3, 2011
Syracuse, ny
Unfortunately I bought a Bosca Spirit 550 wood stove 4 years ago. Back then you could buy them at every local fireplace store, ebay, home depot.... Well 4 years later no one sells them anymore and no one sells the basic maintenance parts, such as a baffle! I need a baffle desperately!! Mine has warped and disintegrated this past winter. I absolutely love this stove but I feel like I have no choice but to buy a brand new wood stove because I cant get my hands on a new baffle. Any suggestions??

Found this: http://www.manualslib.com/manual/772092/Bosca-Spirit-550.html?page=17#manual shows replacement baffle and number. Amazon has 1 stove left, according to them " All BOSCA stoves are backed with the award winning customer service of United States Stove Company" Guess you could try there, or maybe have one made/make one. I have a Bosca 500 from 1984 that can run you out of the house above 20 degrees outside; built like a tank and still working fine.

At 4 yrs this is still under warranty but it's not looking good, their website domain is up for sale. If no parts I'd remove the baffle and have a good metal shop make a new one from stainless steel using the old as a template.

Found this: http://www.manualslib.com/manual/772092/Bosca-Spirit-550.html?page=17#manual shows replacement baffle and number. Amazon has 1 stove left, according to them " All BOSCA stoves are backed with the award winning customer service of United States Stove Company" Guess you could try there, or maybe have one made/make one. I have a Bosca 500 from 1984 that can run you out of the house above 20 degrees outside; built like a tank and still working fine.

I saw that on Amazon and contacted US Stove Company, they told me they have no parts and will not honor any warranty. They told me to contact Bosca directly, which I had already tried to do several times but it seems they went out of business. I even contacted Bosca of New Zealand, Chile, and Europe... Every response I got was that they couldn't confirm if they had parts they just kept saying they can't ship to the US.

At 4 yrs this is still under warranty but it's not looking good, their website domain is up for sale. If no parts I'd remove the baffle and have a good metal shop make a new one from stainless steel using the old as a template.
Good idea! I'll take it out and see if enough is salvageable to have a steel shop make one. I have tried every avenue possible to get them to honor my 5 year warranty. US Stoves says they won't honor Bosca warranty. The bosca companies in chile, New Zealand and Europe won't honor my warranty.

Enlarge the manual picture and print a copy of the parts diagram for the steel shop too.

Reactions: cruise1521
Unfortunately I bought a Bosca Spirit 550 wood stove 4 years ago. Back then you could buy them at every local fireplace store, ebay, home depot.... Well 4 years later no one sells them anymore and no one sells the basic maintenance parts, such as a baffle! I need a baffle desperately!! Mine has warped and disintegrated this past winter. I absolutely love this stove but I feel like I have no choice but to buy a brand new wood stove because I cant get my hands on a new baffle. Any suggestions??
I have the same problem. My Bosca Spirit 550 is about 6 years old. I'm in Portugal and the shop I bought it from won't help me. How did you eventually get on with fabricating a new baffle?

Status
Not open for further replies.