Bosca Spirit 500 replacement part questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burninNY

Feb 17, 2015
Greene, NY
We are having some issues with our Bosca Spirit 500 this season. We need a new control board and are a little strapped for cash at the moment. I read somewhere that some parts are interchangeable with other stoves, specifically the St. Croix boards. We can purchase the Bosca board for $500 or a St. Croix SCF-050 for significantly less. Is this the correct board?
Are there other parts that I can interchange besides this one? This has been a BAD year for our stove, really regretting the initial purchase. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Bump up to the top to see if anyone can help.

Might try sending the board to one of the repair places and see what they charge you. By the way welcome to our membership and I hope someone can help you. Look on eBay for the board repair services or do a search here.

Is this your main source of heat? I don't know anything about your stove. I would trying using the search function and try using different wordings. Just put your stove brand or model in to start and then start your narrowing process. Also check the for sale section as you never know what you will find.

Hopefully one of our repair guru's will chime in on your direct questions.

Thank you, yes this is our main heat source. We wound up purchasing the Bosca board, which was painful but needed with this cold we've been having. I'm still interested though in which parts are interchangeable, as like I mentioned, this has been a bad year for our stove. We are looking into switching back to a wood stove, but would like to at least keep this hunk of metal running for as long as we can

I just spoke to Jason, 20 minutes ago about our Spirit 500. They repair those boards.

Jason Munson

Pellet Stove Pro

844-409-5051

Status
Not open for further replies.