Bosca Spirit 500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big poppa

Oct 25, 2015
New York
Does anyone know why the fan doesn't kick on when it fires up. I have the auger and heat light that are flashing... I tried trouble shooting it I have had no luck

Your not the only one who's Bosca "spirit" has left. Have you tried to see if the fan is operational by applying power to via what some call a suicide cord?

Do you have a copy of the manual and possibly the wiring schematic? I would look for a snap switch that activates the fan when stove comes to temp.

This week has seen many stoves coming back to life. Could be a loose wire, vermin stuck in the works or the motor just stuck and close to needing to be or having bearings replaced.

High limit switch does exactly what?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 108
If the stove comes up over temp it should shut the feed-stove down to prevent over firing and possible damage

I was hoping that a manual would show the switch that should activate the fan. Harman uses a Exhaust probe, Bixby turns the fan upon starting and temp probe in the exhaust ramps it up and down. Theres another Bosca with trouble and was hoping someone from that thread could chime in and clear up the wiring diagram

Thanks bioburner
The #3 red light in heat control keeps flashing
It has a troubleshooting chart I will try once more before I throw the towel in

Thanks for the feed back. Glad it was fairly cheap and easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.