Bought a Home - Inherited a Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warnInMD

Dec 1, 2007
MD
I have a Whitfield T300P freestanding pellet stove that is connected to a thermostat . Since I am new to this - I felt like a kid in a candy store. I fell in love with it as soon as I turned it on. Heats the rooms fast and seems to burn at a moderate/even rate. I am a ritual cleaner (daily basis) I have one problem and I am hoping someone can help me out. Since it is thermostat controled it should turn off at it's set temperature, right? Wrong- it just keeps burning. It even continues to stay on when the therostats is in the off position. Would this by chance have anything to do with the photoeye being dirty? I read the manual and that is the only thing I can come up with. I checked to thermostat wires and they are secure. Any suggestions? Oh and is it normal for the blower to be noisey? THANKS for all your help!

Attachments

• Traditions_Stove_T300P.jpg
    Traditions_Stove_T300P.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 621
Are you running the stove in the auto or manual mode?
The thermostat function will only work if it is in the auto mode.

great looking stove , looks like a high ticket item.

Check out what hearthtools said, that could be your problem.

Thay stove definatly worth a service call if you can figure out the problem.

Does the stove continue to run, or does it go into shut down mode?

When I turn off my stove, it continues to feed pellets for a little while. It only feeds a few, what it seems to be doing is a controlled shut down (e.g. allowing the fire to gradually burn down). I guess to limit the thermal stresses on the system?

Cheers

Kenny

Make sure that the jumper plate was removed from the terminal block where the thermostat wires connect. This usually gets painted black so look close. It's either that or you have a short somewhere in your thermostat wiring. if you disconnect the thermostat wiring and do a contitnuity test with an electic meter you'll be able to tell if your tstat circuit is at fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.