bought a p61.. need help venting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

highbody

Hearth Supporter
Sep 9, 2010
North East CT
i bought a p61 used off craigslist.. the guy used it for 4 winters before upgrading to a bigger unit

he couldn't find the booklet at the time of sale but said when he comes across it he with mail it to me im trying to put the stove kitty corner in the basement(so we can utilize more space)

can the exhaust go at a 45 degree angle? what is the steepest angle i can go?

it says the flue size on the back of the stove is 3inch, i tried to used a 3 inch exhaust adapter and it wouldn't fit, the previous owner supplied me with 4 inch exhaust piping is that right??
its getting cold in the house and i need to get this figured out

go to www.harmanstoves.com

there you will find manuals for the stoves, either under products, or customer care.

hope this helps you out. i just went, and found the manuals under products,and they had one listed for the P61 A. i tried under customer care but a pop up stopped me, they had one listed for a P61.

highbody said:
i bought a p61 used off craigslist.. the guy used it for 4 winters before upgrading to a bigger unit

If this unit has an igniter, it's a P61A

he couldn't find the booklet at the time of sale but said when he comes across it he with mail it to me im trying to put the stove kitty corner in the basement(so we can utilize more space)

The manuals are on-line at the Harman site

can the exhaust go at a 45 degree angle? what is the steepest angle i can go?

45 will be fine. You can probably go 90 without a problem, but the manual will tell you what's acceptable

it says the flue size on the back of the stove is 3inch, i tried to used a 3 inch exhaust adapter and it wouldn't fit, the previous owner supplied me with 4 inch exhaust piping is that right??

It should have a 3" outlet. All the Harman stoves do. See if there's a clean surface on the outlet. The original owner may have goobed (technical term) too much RTV on there to seal it.

its getting cold in the house and i need to get this figured out

Don't panic yet. It's only October & there's enough knowledge here to solve your issues!

so that stinks i cant use the pipe that the previous owner included with the stove because its 4 inch

aubushon hardware sells a double walled flexible pipe in 3 inch... should i buy that to make my install a bit easier?

i just d/l the harman manual.. thank you

so that stinks i cant use the pipe that the previous owner included with the stove because its 4 inch

Check the previous owner's venting to see if there is a 3-4" stove starter in the system.

aubushon hardware sells a double walled flexible pipe in 3 inch… should i buy that to make my install a bit easier?

Can you ID who the manufacturer of the vent is? If so, you'll have to see the Aubuchon stuff is compatible & approved

i just d/l the harman manual.. thank you

Any time...

Status
Not open for further replies.