1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Bought an Old PE Super 27 - Some Questions

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Adam Himmelman, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Adam Himmelman

Adam Himmelman New Member

Loc:
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Hi all, newbie here. Been around woodstoves all my life and operated one to heat my previous small home for 5 years.

I just purchased a rather old, used PE Super 27, 1995 model. I got it for 150.00, with broken glass. I just got it all apart and realize that the flame shield had fallen off a very long time ago and had been resting on the top of the baffle. The flame shield is completely destroyed, warped and burnt up from probably semi-blocking the stove pipe output for so many years. I wanted to make a new one, out of a plate of steel, but would like to know the proper dimensions of the plate? How thick / length/width and what type of steel would suffice? I also have to weld up a small crack in the baffle which runs from one of the air holes about 2 inch long.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!