Bought an Old PE Super 27 - Some Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Himmelman

Dec 28, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hi all, newbie here. Been around woodstoves all my life and operated one to heat my previous small home for 5 years.

I just purchased a rather old, used PE Super 27, 1995 model. I got it for 150.00, with broken glass. I just got it all apart and realize that the flame shield had fallen off a very long time ago and had been resting on the top of the baffle. The flame shield is completely destroyed, warped and burnt up from probably semi-blocking the stove pipe output for so many years. I wanted to make a new one, out of a plate of steel, but would like to know the proper dimensions of the plate? How thick / length/width and what type of steel would suffice? I also have to weld up a small crack in the baffle which runs from one of the air holes about 2 inch long.

Status
Not open for further replies.