Brace Yourselves, Folks, It's Gonna Be A Bumpy Ride For The Northeast ! ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I ended up with a about a foot with some drifts. I expect I will get a few more inches overnight. Nice stuff not too dense not too sticky.

Purely a rain event here. Thankfully no ice storm since temps were in the 40's throughout but now that the rain has stopped the temp is dropping. Down 6 deg F in about hour even with partially sunny sky.

Reactions: Dix
Same area as @jatoxico . Salting the back steps, PE cranking. Oil company filled the tank today (ordered on Tues, they knew it was coming)

Another split goimg into the PE before I crash.. up @ 5 AM.

Reactions: jatoxico
Going to make sure the oil burner carries the majority of the load overnight. Don't need any broken pipes and I'm not getting up to run zones making sure nothing freezes cause the stove has the thermostats satisfied.

See ya tomorrow !!

:p

Left with the house @ 78F @7:15 AM, outside temp w/ windchill -20F here in the Holler.

Home @ 5:30 PM, stove room @ 65, and enough of a bed of coals to fire off, and start to drive inside temps up.

2 hours later, stove room @ 75F, farthest end from stove room @ 65F (kitchen). I'm cheating, and have turned on propane oven in kitchgen to help even things out. Threw some burritos in there, and some french bread to be toasted for the onion soup, so I don't feel to bad about that :)

Outside temps droppping to below -20f again tonight. Then up tp 30F tomorrow.

The PE is heating mainn part of the house, the 13 is idle, and the OB is taking care of that zone, with a space heater in the farthest bathroom.

:mad:

It's been in the single digits with wind chills in the -20's last night into today. Looks like more of the same overnight. Most of the house is in the low 70's. I had to push the masonry heater a little today and just kept a moderate fire going in the summit in the basement. At any rate I was able to maintain my standard attire of shorts and t-shirt without bundling up. The kids lamented that in the new place it never gets cold enough to need warm bricks (about 200 F) wrapped in a towel to take to bed (a trick an old teacher talked about when discussing how to stay warm in the winter). I told them that I don't miss that drafty old house....much.

Reactions: Dix