Thoughts On getting To The Tarp Covered Stacks That Are Covered In 5 - 8" Of Ice?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work Dix. This has been a tough winter. Keeping up with the snow and moving wood takes up most of my not at work time lately
I went at my stacks with a shovel and Fiskars yesterday. I had no plastic to deal with. I use the Quads method. The top row of wood is the cover. I keep about 1/3 cord on my covered front porch. I can go just under two weeks between reloads, but try to do it once a week to keep up. I have also started to leave my tractor cart loaded with wood in the shed when foul weather is forecast. Its nice to have a full load of dry wood standing by.

I usually have a wheel barrow full during the nicer ( ?) weather, ready to go, as well.

I have the house loaded, and more ready to come in. Good to go. I'll top off tomorrow before we get more snow ::-)

The end of this coming week has us at 40F during the day, so I can get to the main stack, and reload the deck. I'll go back to pulling from the main stack as long as I can.

Taking the stove ash and putting it down on the icey walkway & drive way. It's starting to make a dent in it :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.