Brand new stove for sale on craigslist

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats almost the price they were new then I think. 3039?

Could probably be had for $500.

If the internals (auger motors, blowers) were in good working condition, I'd offer him $600. Some paint & clean-up and it would look like new.

Mills Fleet farm just had the newer version on sale for $1200 . I threw the flyer of course.

Why would someone do that??? It's not a combine!!!

who the hell buys a brand new stove,.. then puts in the back yard for 7 yrs,... something fishy.

haha. I WENT and LOOKED at that stove about 1.5 yrs ago when he posted it without pics.

Theres a hell of a story to the whole situation.

That thing is an anchor at best. I left the place without even lowballing him.

The guy lives in a 18' camper. He is as yellow as the sun (jaundice). Says he bought it for his bar and sold the bar before it was installed. Appeared heavily
intoxicated when I was there. Tried selling me class b vent with it. I said that wasn't the right venting and he said it sure is it fits perfect. He did have a building there for storage, but it was to full of chit to put valuable stuff in. ;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.